Truck 2020

Tonybyates

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I'm not sure about Y Not. It depends if they've applied for or been invited for inclusion in the pilot events. 

If it's not part of the pilot events its likely to be cancelled. Events are awaiting decisions from Government's DCMS and inclusion with ERP

And now we play the waiting game.....

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Gutted! Can’t even be bothered booking another now. I’ve already got the Foals day of APE booked. So that’s now my next focus, end of August.

yeah ive only got ape days booked now, surely that will go ahead considering its not camping, its basically just an outdoor concert. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The Tramlines pilot hopefully should help with that - I'm hoping for neighbourhood weekender based on that too 

These pilots are nothing but a mask for letting some things happen despite restrictions. I went to the Sefton Pilot - nothing worthwhile has come of it, no report. I think they’re just going along picking the odd event, designating it as a pilot and ultimately waiting until all restrictions go. It’s not being used in the way it was intended.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mikegday said:

These pilots are nothing but a mask for letting some things happen despite restrictions. I went to the Sefton Pilot - nothing worthwhile has come of it, no report. I think they’re just going along picking the odd event, designating it as a pilot and ultimately waiting until all restrictions go. It’s not being used in the way it was intended.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/downing-street-accused-sitting-test-events-findings-21-june-delay-message-1064364

This government is a joke. It does not care about the arts or music events. THis should be fine to go ahead, what with July 19th being 'freedom' day. And the govt should offer insurance just in case they cannot go ahead. 

I completely understand why Truck would take this sad decision. No blame on them. Its way too risky. I only hope those which will have to cancel AGAIN this year can survive ANOTHER year of no income with very little help to continue when 'normality' ensues.

Livid.

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hate this ‘freedom day’.

Instead of looking at things individually and tweaking how things can happen sensibly (tests before events) - they’re so fixated on this idea of everything going all on one day. It’s bonkers. It’s typical populism! But it’s delaying everything. Life should return to normal bit by bit. Like I say start with events with tests and masks to/from event, then no masks, then no tests. Return to office first with masks and weekly testing, then no masks, then no testing. Sensible easing. 

This all or nothing, bang and it’s gone approach is crippling everything. By the time any worthwhile info from the ERP is out, things will be back to normal. Waste of resources! 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I hate this ‘freedom day’.

Instead of looking at things individually and tweaking how things can happen sensibly (tests before events) - they’re so fixated on this idea of everything going all on one day. It’s bonkers. It’s typical populism! But it’s delaying everything. Life should return to normal bit by bit. Like I say start with events with tests and masks to/from event, then no masks, then no tests. Return to office first with masks and weekly testing, then no masks, then no testing. Sensible easing. 

This all or nothing, bang and it’s gone approach is crippling everything. By the time any worthwhile info from the ERP is out, things will be back to normal. Waste of resources! 

Or worse, it'll be the end of summer and we'll be having the conversation about whether indoor gigs can go ahead during respiratory disease season 

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Can someone tell whoever now organises Truck Festival that next year (2022) isn't their 25th anniversary! 

The first festival was held in 1998, there have been 22 festivals since then (2020 and 2021 were cancelled) and 2022 is 24 years since 1998!

Argh!

That's the biggest scam I've ever seen a promoter try to do since Fyre Festival!