Truck 2020

Tonybyates

On 6/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, thetime said:

Restrictions lifted on the 19th July, campsite opens.on the 22nd July.

Will festivals take the risk? 

Let's just clear this up. Proposed restrictions. They've offered no guarantees 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Does that have any relevance? Isn't it more down to 19th July and if the date changes again. 

Not really. Depends how much they can afford to lose before no return.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:58 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Really hope so! If not, I'll be quickly buying myself a Latitude ticket I think...

Same here, i reckon Latitude could become a test event honestly

35 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Looks like Tramlines will be part of the ERP. Which doesn’t spell disaster for all of Superstruct’s events - Kendal out, Tramlines in. Anxiously waiting to hear about Truck!

https://accessaa.co.uk/kendall-calling-cancelled-as-latitude-and-tramlines-become-pilots/

Can they realistically have pilot/test events running along side normal festivals though? The whole idea of the pilots is to work out safety protocols etc for festivals, seems a bit redundant to do that if there's other festivals happening on the same weekend like normal....

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

Can they realistically have pilot/test events running along side normal festivals though? The whole idea of the pilots is to work out safety protocols etc for festivals, seems a bit redundant to do that if there's other festivals happening on the same weekend like normal....

I think it’s a ‘if restrictions are extended’ then they will proceed with limited number of ERP events. If restrictions are non, then there would be no need for ERP.

13 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I think it’s a ‘if restrictions are extended’ then they will proceed with limited number of ERP events. If restrictions are non, then there would be no need for ERP.

It's to much of a risk financially though, Kendal cancelled for the reason of not getting ERP etc

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

It's to much of a risk financially though, Kendal cancelled for the reason of not getting ERP etc

I don’t know what you mean? You said could they realistically have ERP alongside normal events. I’m saying that wouldnt be the case, I think they’re prepping a ‘potential ERP’ list that would only need to be used if restrictions continued beyond next month. So festivals on that list could now continue going forward knowing they’ll either be open as result of no restrictions or as result of ERP. 

there would be no need for ERP if all restrictions go next month.

2 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I don’t know what you mean? You said could they realistically have ERP alongside normal events. I’m saying that wouldnt be the case, I think they’re prepping a ‘potential ERP’ list that would only need to be used if restrictions continued beyond next month. So festivals on that list could now continue going forward knowing they’ll either be open as result of no restrictions or as result of ERP. 

there would be no need for ERP if all restrictions go next month.

I mean if they aren't granted ERP it may be to much of a financial risk for the festival to hope and see

Edited by Mcbatesman

Just now, Joshuwarr said:

I wonder when we might here from the Truck team? I suspect a lot of us will be very keen to book elsewhere if it can't go ahead. Sadly I don't feel too hopeful with the likes of Kendal cancelling.

It looks like festivals are waiting to hear if they’re to be designated as a test event (in event restrictions continue to apply). Kendal cancelled because they’ve been told they’re won’t be unlocked. Truck may not have been told either way yet. So far the only one rumoured to have been told they are is Tramlines.

1 minute ago, Mcbatesman said:

I never said they could....

I’m confused. Think we’ve got our wires crossed! My thinking is festivals will only plough on if included in any potential ERP list. Kendal have heard they wont, so arnt risking it and have cancelled. tramlines has apparently been told it will be included, so they can continue safe in knowledge whatever happens they can open wether that’s using ERP or not. Melvin although not saying he knows Latitude is included ERP, seems confident it will be and says he will hear this week. 

other festival’s waiting to hear too I guess

5 minutes ago, mikegday said:

It looks like festivals are waiting to hear if they’re to be designated as a test event (in event restrictions continue to apply). Kendal cancelled because they’ve been told they’re won’t be unlocked. Truck may not have been told either way yet. So far the only one rumoured to have been told they are is Tramlines.

Ahh, I hadn't realised there was going to be more than one designated so that is interesting to hear!

4 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I’m confused. Think we’ve got our wires crossed! My thinking is festivals will only plough on if included in any potential ERP list. Kendal have heard they wont, so arnt risking it and have cancelled. tramlines has apparently been told it will be included, so they can continue safe in knowledge whatever happens they can open wether that’s using ERP or not. Melvin although not saying he knows Latitude is included ERP, seems confident it will be and says he will hear this week. 

other festival’s waiting to hear too I guess

I think it's just tramlines and latitude tbh

In regards to Tramlines being a pilot, there has been conversations but nothing is solid yet. Its been put forward for inclusion in the pilots. 

Tramlines and Truck are the same team of people now and both 100% owned by Superstruct. So there is a possibility they are pushing for both events. 

Kendal is a little bit different because the founders are still on board with 40% stake and still organise the event. 

In regards to Latitude, again its been put forward for inclusion and awaiting an announcement from DCMS like Tramlines. WOMAD is another possibility. 

Melvin from FR is pushing for events as he's confident large scale music events are safe based on their previous pilot events. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

In regards to Tramlines being a pilot, there has been conversations but nothing is solid yet. Its been put forward for inclusion in the pilots. 

Tramlines and Truck are the same team of people now and both 100% owned by Superstruct. So there is a possibility they are pushing for both events. 

Kendal is a little bit different because the founders are still on board with 40% stake and still organise the event. 

In regards to Latitude, again its been put forward for inclusion and awaiting an announcement from DCMS like Tramlines. WOMAD is another possibility. 

Melvin from FR is pushing for events has he's confident large scale music events are safe based on their previous pilot events. 

Is there anything regarding likes of Ynot being involved Too?

10 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Melvin from FR is pushing for events as he's confident large scale music events are safe based on their previous pilot events. 

Ahhh ok!

So will truck likely get cancelled if they don't get both? Or unknown at the moment

10 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Is there anything regarding likes of Ynot being involved Too?

I'm not sure about Y Not. It depends if they've applied for or been invited for inclusion in the pilot events. 

1 minute ago, Mcbatesman said:

Ahhh ok!

So will truck likely get cancelled if they don't get both? Or unknown at the moment

If it's not part of the pilot events its likely to be cancelled. Events are awaiting decisions from Government's DCMS and inclusion with ERP