Truck 2020

Tonybyates

1 hour ago, Dim Sum said:

Have to admit this line up is incredible by far the best line up of the summer i've seen so far! So so stacked 

For they money you can't complain. For me Y Not has the edge with some older acts. I'm not Trucks directed at base though. The years for that are truly gone haha.

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

do we think that with Truck being smaller (only 10K people) as opposed to something like Reading (70k) it is more likely to go ahead. I don't have a ticket as yet, but really considering it. Just don't want to face the disappointment of another cancellation.

Pretty sure Truck is now 18k. 

The way things are going I'm expecting it to be cancelled,  though hopefully there's enough evidence in the next 2-3 weeks to avoid that happening

They've already said tickets would roll over to next year.

4 hours ago, Abingdon1 said:

Pretty sure Truck is now 18k. 

The way things are going I'm expecting it to be cancelled,  though hopefully there's enough evidence in the next 2-3 weeks to avoid that happening

They've already said tickets would roll over to next year.

Incredibly it has jumped massively. This is taken from the Premises License. Seems a hell of a lot of people for the size of the festival and getting in and out of the site. 

1. Total capacity shall not exceed 29,999.
2. In 2020 ticket sales shall not exceed 23,000
In 2021 ticket sales shall not exceed 27,000

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Incredibly it has jumped massively. This is taken from the Premises License. Seems a hell of a lot of people for the size of the festival and getting in and out of the site. 

1. Total capacity shall not exceed 29,999.
2. In 2020 ticket sales shall not exceed 23,000
In 2021 ticket sales shall not exceed 27,000

oh wow

i was wondering how they had such a big lineup (blossoms on thursday vs main weekend at y not for example)

On 5/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, Tonybyates said:

Nice one 👍🏼
I’ve done the clashfinder for the last 6 Trucks, but I’ll leave it you to you this year!

The year that their app broke, they emailed me the entire schedule so it was still accurate 😅

The retiring of a legend! Loved your Truck clashfinders mate. Really helpful in building the hype before you go!

On 5/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, TheWaters said:

Just noticed The Skinner Brothers playing the This Feeling stage on the Saturday. Big up @Alfie Claytonhe’s one of our own ! (happens to be the drummer for the skinner brothers if anyone was unaware haha)

Oh niiiice! They just followed me on insta haha. Alright then @Alfie Clayton whats your setlist going to be at Truck? I'll add it to my playlist hahaha. I'm a big fan of 'nothing but an actor' 🙂

20 hours ago, wackamole said:

Oh niiiice! They just followed me on insta haha. Alright then @Alfie Clayton whats your setlist going to be at Truck? I'll add it to my playlist hahaha. I'm a big fan of 'nothing but an actor' 🙂

He’s not revealing much but he promises a good set haha 

5A66DCEB-AABB-4F2F-97A4-E47D7911471E.jpeg

Edited by TheWaters

On 5/27/2021 at 5:01 PM, y0ungtitan said:

I'm still optimistic at the moment with Latitude being the same weekend as Truck and having just announced their line up - FR must be confident that it will be able to go ahead if their Download pilot is successful?

The big issue causing cancellations for festivals with an established date from mid-July onwards is cancellation insurance. Bigger brand festivals backed by a big company can effectively self-insure. The smaller ones can't risk the govt changing the rules on them last minute.

Truck might be able to do that, I'm not sure quite how huge Superstruct are. Not FR/livenation big obviously, but they've got some weighty finances to them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

The big issue causing cancellations for festivals with an established date from mid-July onwards is cancellation insurance. Bigger brand festivals backed by a big company can effectively self-insure. The smaller ones can't risk the govt changing the rules on them last minute.

Truck might be able to do that, I'm not sure quite how huge Superstruct are. Not FR/livenation big obviously, but they've got some weighty finances to them. 

Superstruct is backed by a US asset management firm, Providence, with $45 billion in assets. They have acquired/invested in 30+ festivals/events. Its run by James Barton (an ex Live Nation president and Creamfields founder) and Paul Bedford (former financial director of Impresario Festivals). So they are pretty big, but not got the clout of LN. 

It probably won't come down to purely financial and insurance issues because Superstruct events can ride that out. It seems to be LN and friends that are hosting all these test events so ultimately they may stand more of a chance for later events such as R&L happening at full capacity, with a proven track record holding these covid events. 

It'll depend if the gov can commit to a date for reopening with next to no restrictions and with every day that passes the chances of July events is getting slimmer.  

On 5/21/2021 at 10:43 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Is the Market Stage the only after hours venue? Looking forward to Skream but generally not wild on D&B (although no doubt I'll be there anyway)

Sort of......last time (2019) one of the bars had a DJ on playing all sorts of well known sing-a-long tunes that most people who were either a bit older or not into dnb seemed to be congregated.....went on till 2am I think.

59 minutes ago, thetime said:

Restrictions lifted on the 19th July, campsite opens.on the 22nd July.

Will festivals take the risk? 

I have always been optimistic but now it seems the all hopes are fading. I can't see festivals like Truck/ynot/tramlines/kedal which are due by the end of the month start there on site builds without knowing for sure that they will be able to open the gates. 

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

I hope they wait for download pilot results before pulling the plug

This is my hope too, and what I'm holding out for. There is just enough time for this to go ahead, (sort of) and I'm so far into denial right now that I'm carrying on as if it is going ahead 🙂

If it doesn't it doesn't.