Truck 2020

Tonybyates

26 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Hey all - I'm back now that festivals are somewhat confirmed. 🤞🤞🤞

Fingers crossed that truck is going ahead! I updated my setlists playlist from last year. 95% of the songs in this playlist will be played. Learn the songs and sing along. It's the same truck festival master playlist that people were following pre the 2020 cancellation. Please go ahead and steal from this and make your own playlists! Or if you want to just shuffle a playlist of the top artists to learn some tunes then here you go. 🙂  I will be updating it sporadically. 

Fabulous, thank you!

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

2000 trees has gone then, reckon this will make truck less likely?

Individual events don't really have influence on each other especially when they are independent or part of different companies. 

Although the more events that cancel the more likely the supply chain and logistic of the whole industry is suffering.

I wouldn't say 2000trees cancelling had made Truck less likely. Superstruct is making investments in the likes of Truck, Tramlines... so could well try to drag this out as long as possible without cancelling until the very last moment, but we''ll see how that pans out over the next month. 

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Individual events don't really have influence on each other especially when they are independent or part of different companies. 

Although the more events that cancel the more likely the supply chain and logistic of the whole industry is suffering.

I wouldn't say 2000trees cancelling had made Truck less likely. Superstruct is making investments in the likes of Truck, Tramlines... so could well try to drag this out as long as possible without cancelling until the very last moment, but we''ll see how that pans out over the next month. 

We are pretty much looking at the next 3 - 5 weeks being crutial I reckon for independent festivals July/August up to middle August. 

5 hours ago, JBarbour said:

They all seem to be cancelling for the same reason though

14 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

They can't get the bands from US because of the insurance

Not the way I've understood it. trees said the US bands were one issue. Government insurance to cover them in respect of infrastructure costs was a larger issue and would remain an issue for an all British line up 

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

They can't get the bands from US because of the insurance

That's two totally separate issues. The insurance is to cover costs/deposits outlaid to contractors and third parties in relation to cancellations. Visas and getting bands to the UK is a whole other headache and issue. Most UK festivals are booking UK acts to play it safe at the moment. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

That's two totally separate issues. The insurance is to cover costs/deposits outlaid to contractors and third parties in relation to cancellations. Visas and getting bands to the UK is a whole other headache and issue. Most UK festivals are booking UK acts to play it safe at the moment. 

Cheers for clarifying. Kind of what I was getting at 

Anyone know if the possibility of government backed Covid cancellation insurance for live music is completely dead in the water?  Or are they dragging their heels and we may see some commitment in the next few weeks?

Ive booked up for 5 festivals across the UK this year, (forever the optimist!) the earliest being the smaller scale kubix in Sunderland 1st week of July 😬.  For me, I’d rather be disappointed because a festival gets cancelled last min rather than disappointed because it goes ahead and I never got a ticket! All 5 festivals are “On” at the moment  🤞🤞🤞

24 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Anyone know if the possibility of government backed Covid cancellation insurance for live music is completely dead in the water?  Or are they dragging their heels and we may see some commitment in the next few weeks?

Ive booked up for 5 festivals across the UK this year, (forever the optimist!) the earliest being the smaller scale kubix in Sunderland 1st week of July 😬.  For me, I’d rather be disappointed because a festival gets cancelled last min rather than disappointed because it goes ahead and I never got a ticket! All 5 festivals are “On” at the moment  🤞🤞🤞

Organisers and industry bodies are still pushing for it, but I don't think they have got any further. With the grants they have been giving out the gov may think thats enough to keep the events ticking over. Costs for a small to mid event can run upto £6m and larger events like Boomtown, Reading and Glastonbury are 10s of millions. So these grants of £60k to £1m although help, are not scratching the surface for potential 2 years of cancellations.

Considering we are not just talking about the events themselves as a brand its the supply chain to think about - traders, fencing, barriers, portaloos, security, stage builds/hires, lighting and sound systems hire, contractors... Then you got the other side like artists, agents, managers, production, hotels, transport... Cash is not flowing in the industry. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Yeah I read it again and realised I mixed the two together haha

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Organisers and industry bodies are still pushing for it, but I don't think they have got any further. With the grants they have been giving out the gov may think thats enough to keep the events ticking over. Costs for a small to mid event can run upto £6m and larger events like Boomtown, Reading and Glastonbury are 10s of millions. So these grants of £60k to £1m although help, are not scratching the surface for potential 2 years of cancellations.

Considering we are not just talking about the events themselves as a brand its the supply chain to think about - traders, fencing, barriers, portaloos, security, stage builds/hires, lighting and sound systems hire, contractors... Then you got the other side like artists, agents, managers, production, hotels, transport... Cash is not flowing in the industry. 

Yup, and the government does not see millions spent to cover this as essential. 2000 Trees has said as much that even by September that the government wouldn't offer this. On one hand I'm tempted with a Tramlines Sunday ticket, on the other my head tells me they will announce it's postponed to 2022 within the next 3 weeks at the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looks like an exciting lineup, if anyone has 2 tickets I will gladly take them off your hands via Twickets or something similar (and would happily pay slightly above face value)

Getting desperate for a festival, plus it’s the weekend me and my partner finish school (as teachers) so would be perfect timing

16 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

No clue but surely all the big names have already been announced? I’m just hoping I can get tickets.

Good luck with the tickets!

2019 we thought the top 6 was confirmed and Don Broco turned out to be a 3rd down, obviously the subs this time are bigger than them, but Johnny Marr slid into a sub spot so fingers crossed for Everything Everything turning up.

Hoping they add The Murder Capital and Gang of Youths personally. 

Do you think we’ll get day splits on Monday? I wouldn’t be able to get to the festival until Friday at about 8pm so I want to know who I’d miss etc.

Also, if I arrive at 8pm Friday will I still be able to find a place to camp? Don’t necessarily mind where, just somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Do you think we’ll get day splits on Monday? I wouldn’t be able to get to the festival until Friday at about 8pm so I want to know who I’d miss etc.

Also, if I arrive at 8pm Friday will I still be able to find a place to camp? Don’t necessarily mind where, just somewhere.

Not sure on Truck but I got to YNOT at about 11am on the Friday and struggled to find a place for a big tent and two little ones in our group. Assume there’ll always be space you just might have a really crap spot 

• Upvote 1