Truck 2020

Tonybyates

So line up out 6pm tomorrow what's everyone thinking? I'm saying acts likely to turn up are: 

- Idles 

- The Magic Gang

- Vistas

- Royal Blood

- Chappaqua Wrestling  

- Black Country, New Road 

- Easy Life 

- Sports Team

- Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard 

- Blossoms 

- Fontaines D.C 

Acts I would like to see turn up : '

- Gang Of Youths 

- Wolf Alice

- Foals 

-The Big Moon 

- Bombay Bicycle Club 

- Glass Animals

- Willie J Healey 

- Django Django 

- Junodream 

- Gerry Cinnamon 

- Parquet Courts 

- London Grammar

So I'm thinking my heads would be 

Thursday : Blossoms 

Friday : Bombay Bicycle Club  

Saturday : Wolf Alice or London Grammar 

Sunday : Royal Blood 

Edited by Dim Sum
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Charliefro said:

Replace Foals with London Grammar and i reckon you are pretty close

Would love too! I think it's pretty risky having both Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club on the same line up as they are playing All Points East Together plus all male band headliners is what festivals are trying to move away from. 

But Ngl having

Bombay Bicycle Club 

Foals 

Royal Blood

would be unreal!

Edited by Dim Sum

I think you can probably count out Wolf Alice and Foals due to them headlining 2019. I guess R&L rebooked postie in the same amount of time but I really don’t see somewhere like Truck doing the same. (Again, wouldn’t mind being wrong. Foals are one of my fave bands and Wolf Alice are class too)

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Could Blossoms possibly step up to main weekend headliner? Also where would Glass Animals play they would surely be too big to sub now

I mean they could but I don’t think it’d make too much sense. I think they’ll stay as thursday headliner. Glass Animals I don’t think are big enough to headline but not sure on them subbing either

3 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Would love too! I think it's pretty risky having both Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club on the same line up as they are playing All Points East Together plus all male band headliners is what festivals are trying to move away from. 

But Ngl having

Bombay Bicycle Club 

Foals 

Royal Blood

would be unreal!

I think the London Grammar shout with BBC and Royal Blood or Foals is more likely. Only 10k capacity this one.

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Could Blossoms possibly step up to main weekend headliner? Also where would Glass Animals play they would surely be too big to sub now

I think Glass Animals would be a brilliant Sub tbh I don't think there quite headline status yet, even though they have got the numbers just can't see them headlining. 

1 hour ago, Dim Sum said:

I think Glass Animals would be a brilliant Sub tbh I don't think there quite headline status yet, even though they have got the numbers just can't see them headlining. 

I disagree. think glass animals are big enough for headline. Theyre doing ally pally and that seems to be about the size of headliners previously. That and its a local show for them. 

Glass Animals are definitely headliner sized, especially with Heat Waves popping off at the moment.

Pessimistically I'm thinking Blossoms(t)/Stereophonics/Kooks/IDLES. I'm really hoping it's only one of Kooks and Stereophonics but seeing as The Kooks are sticking about on line-ups I can see them being rebooked and not as a sub.

Would love to see Bombay Bicycle Club return to the line-up, Glass Animals would be a good booking too as would IDLES. London Grammar are also a shout, Bastille a possibility if they're available.

I'd be surprised to see Wolf Alice or Foals return but they're better bookings than anyone else being suggested. Blossoms would make a fun headliner, I thought they were a bit of a coup for the Thursday.

Definitely think The Vaccines could be there too and then Royal Blood would be a big booking, I'd say it's either them or IDLES for the third slot.

Further down I'd definitely anticipate DMAs returning for their sub slot, The Hives maybe too, Fontaines D.C. would make a strong sub especially for IDLES or RB. Shame would absolutely kill it in 3rd or 4th on Main off the back of Drunk Tank Pink.

Fully expecting Pale Waves and Sundara to retain their tent headliner spots, thought they were pretty strong picks.

There's alot of potential, so Stereophonics and The Kooks as two headliners would be a massive let down imo.

11 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Glass Animals are definitely headliner sized, especially with Heat Waves popping off at the moment.

Pessimistically I'm thinking Blossoms(t)/Stereophonics/Kooks/IDLES. I'm really hoping it's only one of Kooks and Stereophonics but seeing as The Kooks are sticking about on line-ups I can see them being rebooked and not as a sub.

Would love to see Bombay Bicycle Club return to the line-up, Glass Animals would be a good booking too as would IDLES. London Grammar are also a shout, Bastille a possibility if they're available.

I'd be surprised to see Wolf Alice or Foals return but they're better bookings than anyone else being suggested. Blossoms would make a fun headliner, I thought they were a bit of a coup for the Thursday.

Definitely think The Vaccines could be there too and then Royal Blood would be a big booking, I'd say it's either them or IDLES for the third slot.

Further down I'd definitely anticipate DMAs returning for their sub slot, The Hives maybe too, Fontaines D.C. would make a strong sub especially for IDLES or RB. Shame would absolutely kill it in 3rd or 4th on Main off the back of Drunk Tank Pink.

Fully expecting Pale Waves and Sundara to retain their tent headliner spots, thought they were pretty strong picks.

There's alot of potential, so Stereophonics and The Kooks as two headliners would be a massive let down imo.

Shame still need to headline the market stage from two years ago first 🤣

Really want primal scream as a headliner. Unlikely but I’d be over the moon with that given they’re at Kendal and it’s deffo not the wrong crowd. Other wish list bands (not necessarily predictions) are Fontaines D.C., Everything Everything & Jaws. Deffo need Shame back too

• Like 1

Disagree with everyone calling glass animals headliner size (theyd be a gigantic step down in quality after 2019s headliners). Also do not want BBC or London grammar. Royal Blood, Vaccines, DMAs, Fontaines DC, Sports Team would be enough to satisfy me, maybe some English bands not seen on festival circuits for a while like the Subways or Blood Red Shoes would be nice too. 

Edited by Christoph1955

35 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

What about Alt-J? I couldn't see it but would love if they booked them.

Yeah interesting one they seem this summer to be staying in Europe however you never know, would be the right size for Truck I believe. But I'm still going with Royal Blood taking a headline slot along with Foals. I really don't know who there gonna role over from last year I think Bombay although being a brilliant band have lost the excitement they had with there new album plus The Kooks are just a little to boring so I'm really not sure about the third headline spot you never know it could just be Bombay, Kooks and Royal Blood still ok? Would love to see Circa Waves also taking a high spot as there recent album was very good. 

So basically my only fairly secure prediction is Royal Blood ahaha

Edited by Dim Sum

I’d really be happy enough with any new headliners except Stereophonics/Supergrass. Two of the most boring options they could pick as a realistic headliner that are about atm. Primal Scream, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, Foals, Glass Animals, Idles, etc. I’d happily watch. Equally as fine with BBC or Catfish staying on even if Catfish are a bit boring. Preferably Kooks would be gone but we know they’re not 

• Upvote 1