Truck 2020

Tonybyates

33 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Gonna go with Kooks/Primal Scream/Sam Fender headlining with Blossoms on the Thursday. Would be happy with that. Reckon Supergrass, Razorlight, Dizzee Rascal or Wombats could be in with a shout too as they’re all about this summer

I feel this is a bit of a stepdown from previous years (although its obviously sold out) but just feels cheaper. Blossoms on the thursday is big though

1 hour ago, Charliefro said:

@JBarbour do you have an inkling on who is playing or when it will be announced this week? 

I'm more in tune with Tramlines and Victorious than Truck to be honest. It's educated guesses with Truck as they all share the same bookers and Tramlines/Truck teams have/are merging. I think long term Truck and Tramlines will become more of a twin event, maybe Tramlines with the odd bigger act based on capacity. 

Just now, gfa said:

I feel this is a bit of a stepdown from previous years (although its obviously sold out) but just feels cheaper. Blossoms on the thursday is big though

Possibly yeah, more just best case scenario for me haha. Thinking Sam Fender in a similar vein to George Ezra a couple years ago. Think it would go down fairly well, Fender above Kooks on most lineups they’re both on too so no question he’s big enough for somewhere like truck imo. Primal Scream generally seem like the type of band that could headline and I’d absolutely love it so more hoping for them haha

13 hours ago, Metalupyourass97 said:

Fr though I can see Django Django taking a headline slot off their new album

Tbh this would be pretty cool, I do rate the new album. I can see them headline either The Nest or The Market Stage. 

Other than that I can see Royal Blood getting a headline spot.  In reality it'll probably be

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Kooks 

Royal Blood 

Edited by Dim Sum

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

If idles are there I think they’d sub rather than headline but stranger things have happened. Don’t think they’ll be there anyway, wouldn’t mind being proved wrong though 

with phonics there which is a pretty big booking for them i reckon its acceptable (sells out every year anyway)

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

with phonics there which is a pretty big booking for them i reckon its acceptable (sells out every year anyway)

True. I mean I suggested Sam Fender earlier and I wouldn’t say he’s much bigger than idles. Wouldn’t complain at all about them headlining. Seeing them at the downs in bristol but I’d take them over phonics, supergrass, etc.