Truck 2020

Tonybyates

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Feel like Glass Animals have to be in with a shout, Oxford band and had a lot of success this year so would be about the right size? I am a huge fan so probably quite biased but it just makes sense in my head

Great band, love the front mans energy

18 hours ago, Rotinajer said:

Headliners different. Surely CATB won’t do this now they’ve been given the Reading slot 

Not so sure about this - Catfish were still lined up to headline Neighbourhood Weekender in May 2021 (will be re scheduled I assume), so obvious they’re not seeing themselves as above smaller festivals now.

Think there’s a very strong chance Catfish will back. 

4 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Has anyone been to both Truck and Y Not? Trying to decide between the two and wondered if there was anything particularly to set them apart before the line-ups come out

Not been to either, but based on previous years heres my take: currently Y Not is way cheaper ticket wise. usually they share 2 headliners then truck has a smaller one than the 2 shared ones and y not has a bigger one than the 2 shared ones.

been trying to decide myself honestly (also Truck is very close to sell out so act fast)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Not so sure about this - Catfish were still lined up to headline Neighbourhood Weekender in May 2021 (will be re scheduled I assume), so obvious they’re not seeing themselves as above smaller festivals now.

Think there’s a very strong chance Catfish will back. 

Catfish have said a lot of times they like playing as many stages/venues/festivals as possible just to back this up

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Not been to either, but based on previous years heres my take: currently Y Not is way cheaper ticket wise. usually they share 2 headliners then truck has a smaller one than the 2 shared ones and y not has a bigger one than the 2 shared ones.

been trying to decide myself honestly (also Truck is very close to sell out so act fast)

Thanks for this, it's really helpful. It does look like a lot of overlap in recent line-ups but I'm not sure how much of that was due to being owned by the same parent company - which I think has changed since 2019? 

Normally my tastes lean more towards punk, I regularly go to 2000 Trees and Slam Dunk but looking for something else this year too. I didn't know if either festival was more likely than the other to book acts like Idles, Fontaines DC, Dinosaur Pile-Up, etc?

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Been trying to get a mate onboard but nope... not until the lineup is released.  Hard to explain to someone that it’ll be too late then

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Exactly, don’t see Catfish going from playing like 4 festivals in 2020 to just the one in 2021.

Would be shocked if R+L is it for them this summer. 

they have neighbourhood weekender too. i could see a london park show again like their cancelled one and i swear they had singleton park too. throw in eden project/thetford maybe and perhaps some other random shows and it would be looking more similar to 2020. parklife too maybe

edit: boardmasters too perhaps or something. they are at the size where they have TONS of options really

Edited by gfa

As much as i loved Wolf Alices set, i think its too soon to have them back. Glass Animals is a great shout - didnt realise they were local. Would be nice to see more women in headline slots - were lacking for last years line up. I'm gunna punt for the dream Bombay, Glass Animals and Haim heading. Would be great to see Pale Waves, Sports Team, Baby Queen, The Magic Gang, Easy Life, Shame, The Amazons, DMAs, Olivia Dean, Phoebe Bridgers, Kenny Hoopla, Neck Deep, Thyla, Another Sky and Declan McKenna somewhere on there. 

33 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

As much as i loved Wolf Alices set, i think its too soon to have them back. Glass Animals is a great shout - didnt realise they were local. Would be nice to see more women in headline slots - were lacking for last years line up. I'm gunna punt for the dream Bombay, Glass Animals and Haim heading. Would be great to see Pale Waves, Sports Team, Baby Queen, The Magic Gang, Easy Life, Shame, The Amazons, DMAs, Olivia Dean, Phoebe Bridgers, Kenny Hoopla, Neck Deep, Thyla, Another Sky and Declan McKenna somewhere on there. 

This lineup is great but id say Haim and Phoebe Bridgers are too big for Truck, especially when headliners are usually from the UK which im assuming lowers cost. Still, I hope this is the lineup it's incredible lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaileyKon said:

This lineup is great but id say Haim and Phoebe Bridgers are too big for Truck, especially when headliners are usually from the UK which im assuming lowers cost. Still, I hope this is the lineup it's incredible lol

Are haim and Phoebe bigger than foals?

Edited by Mcbatesman