Truck 2020

Tonybyates

16 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Let's make this clear. 2000trees are in no position to say that it's 100% going ahead. It could, and maybe will, be a decision made above their heads. 

Think you might be in the wrong thread mate!

I kind of understand festivals going ahead with things as normal until they can though, but I know 2000 trees have been particularly adamant that they’re going ahead, which is a bit weird

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Think you might be in the wrong thread mate!

I kind of understand festivals going ahead with things as normal until they can though, but I know 2000 trees have been particularly adamant that they’re going ahead, which is a bit weird

Someone mentioned it in here. Just clarifying it.

I know there was supposed to be a second announcement this month, that only leaves today or tomorrow.

Does anyone think they’ve cancelled the announcement as a result of the whole coronavirus situation? Can’t see them announcing more acts with things as it is

33 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I know there was supposed to be a second announcement this month, that only leaves today or tomorrow.

Does anyone think they’ve cancelled the announcement as a result of the whole coronavirus situation? Can’t see them announcing more acts with things as it is

Yeah this is probably the case. I doubt we’ll be getting any more acts before the cancellation announcement.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

I wouldn’t be surprised by a rescheduling to late September to be honest. 
the first ever Truck was in Sept. ‘98 and in the summer floods of 2007 they rescheduled to September too....

We can hope. Would be happier with that possibly for my personal situation (than it being in July regardless of circumstances)

5 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

It definitely won't be going ahead in July, things are starting to get axed in August now so there's no chance of a late July festival taking place, hence why they probably haven't done a second announcement.

Rescheduling seems like a possibility, but also a risky move.

What’s been axed in August?

I was holding out hope with the talk of a September date but speaking to a friend in the Police planning department where I live today I think my hopes have been dashed. They haven’t the numbers to police life as it currently is so all licence applications are being rejected, if schools aren’t back till September I think gatherings will suffer until then too. 

we can but hope for a miracle

On 4/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, Woby_Tide said:

I was holding out hope with the talk of a September date but speaking to a friend in the Police planning department where I live today I think my hopes have been dashed. They haven’t the numbers to police life as it currently is so all licence applications are being rejected, if schools aren’t back till September I think gatherings will suffer until then too. 

we can but hope for a miracle

Very good point 😞

19 hours ago, atomised said:

Spoke to my sons teacher today, quick check in call, she is of the opinion they will try to get kids back into school after may half term but only part time til september 

Wow, I’m very surprised at that!

what region are you in?

it’s certainly not the case where I am in Oxfordshire, and all the exams have been cancelled this year already 

Sussex. All exams are cancelled here anyway as they are nationally. This is a primary/junior school and I get the impression they are talking one day a week per year group to aid transition to the year they are going to  particularly useful to those making the step to secondary.  I doubt it will be a return to proper education and mich more an easing back into the environment1

• Downvote 1