Truck 2020

Tonybyates

2 hours ago, wackamole said:

I'm also under the hope that by end of July things will be a lot clearer! We'll have to wait and see, we're in a lot less of a manic than the Glasto threads.

Yeah the Glasto thread is a depressing place, hate to say it but I reckon it’ll go :( (Glasto not this)

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Unfortunately they've broken up instead :(

https://twitter.com/nohotashesband/status/1238043703480107008/photo/2

ES5qJG2XYAALTGc.jpg

ahhh that’s a shame :(

On 3/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, alfiemartin said:

Anyone else worried truck will be cancelled?

2000 trees have stated theyre 100% going ahead which gives me hopes with it being a similar size fest to truck, around the same time. Smaller festivals probably have less to worry about especially with the majority of the acts not having come from abroad

2 hours ago, bleegghh said:

2000 trees have stated theyre 100% going ahead which gives me hopes with it being a similar size fest to truck, around the same time. Smaller festivals probably have less to worry about especially with the majority of the acts not having come from abroad

if the government bans events over 1000 in capacity and that ban is extended until July then they are both off

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What are people’s thoughts on this still going ahead? Seeing as Glasto has been postponed I’m tempted to get a ticket

I’d be surprised if anything because R&L or Victorious went ahead.  I’d actually be surprised if either of them did too 

I would say 95% chance cancelled, 5% chance going ahead.

Just don't think it's safe to allow mass gatherings to go ahead until we have a proper vaccine for this, as if one person on the farm is infected, then the risk of 20,000 people getting infected is suddenly extremely high as everyone is camping in the same grounds for a whole weekend.

I think R&L will also inevitably be cancelled, 100,000 people in a confined space for 4 days straight, no way is that going to be allowed to go ahead- also they are going to struggle as many artists are going to pull out by then and reschedule their tours.

Festivals rescheduled to September look promising to go ahead with the way the situation currently stands at this moment.

12 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

What are people’s thoughts on this still going ahead? Seeing as Glasto has been postponed I’m tempted to get a ticket

If you're interested, it's probs worth grabbing a ticket anyway if you're happy to not have the ticket money spare until August. They posted this on their socials last week, saying that a cancellation will result in a refund.

Image may contain: 11 people

Do people think I'll be safe waiting until late April to buy a ticket (if it hasn't been cancelled by then)?

I'm slightly hopefully of the festival going ahead seeing as it's quite small, and also I read a report written by a few statiscians (is that spelt right?) that the peak deaths per day for the virus is now expected to be beginning of April.

Also just had a quick look at the first poster from last year, and the full Clashfinder, and highlighted the acts that were announced on the first poster last year. 

Had no idea there would be so many more acts to come, although given the way the virus is progressing I fear I may be getting excited about the festival at the wrong time!

1263929003_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_41.thumb.png.13904a5a5f2ceb84c2a6495513136453.png

1471550767_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_52.thumb.png.2d071f859135ff04761dfa1d2dfb76c0.png

438543573_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_59.thumb.png.c0c3d1f2144df85e660d14bd5d9a9693.png

133676796_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_46_05.thumb.png.242d687d5eccba824ce0739b46657518.png