Truck 2020

Tonybyates

42 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

He's at Boardmasters and This Is Tomorrow though, so the hope lives on..

Neither of those are in competition with truck though, 

Wilderness though is in the same county, around the same time and had much cheaper tickets, can hardly see them letting one of there tentpole names play it

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Neither of those are in competition with truck though, 

Wilderness though is in the same county, around the same time and had much cheaper tickets, can hardly see them letting one of there tentpole names play it

I mean this is a complete (hopeful) stab in the dark based on a complete assumption that this is how these things work, but is it possible that as part of an agreement they said Loyle C had to be announced for Truck at a later date, to avoid impacting Wilderness sales??

On 2/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, Nobby's Old Boots said:

I mean this is a complete (hopeful) stab in the dark based on a complete assumption that this is how these things work, but is it possible that as part of an agreement they said Loyle C had to be announced for Truck at a later date, to avoid impacting Wilderness sales??

Possibly...

16 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Impressive.

Favourite years/ memories?

Off the top of my head:

1999 my first, was almost just being like at a free party as no police or security and there were just local dealers stood there with rucksacks full of drugs at the front of the 'trance tent'

2005 - Biffy Clyro headlined to a small ish crowd (capacity was only 5,000 back then)

2015 - Slaves in the barn and then Basement Jaxx headlining - who were outrageous.

Most of the years I can't remember much of not sure if a good or a bad thing.

I live in the next town along (Abingdon) so its easy for me to get to. :)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Off the top of my head:

1999 my first, was almost just being like at a free party as no police or security and there were just local dealers stood there with rucksacks full of drugs at the front of the 'trance tent'

2005 - Biffy Clyro headlined to a small ish crowd (capacity was only 5,000 back then)

2015 - Slaves in the barn and then Basement Jaxx headlining - who were outrageous.

Most of the years I can't remember much of not sure if a good or a bad thing.

I live in the next town along (Abingdon) so its easy for me to get to. :)

Seeing Biffy pre-Puzzle must have been pretty amazing!

30 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Apparently last year over sold, and there was at least 21k people attending the festival 

It certainly felt like it. Was heaving, heard one boy in Cassia boasting about how he snuck in.

I hope they install some better shade spots and I'm glad to see there are showers again unlike last year, even if they have to be paid for. 🙄

20 hours ago, foolee said:

When did this sell out last year? 

Some point in April I think. It was shortly after a band who contain members that I personally know were announced for the This Feeling stage.

11 hours ago, wackamole said:

It certainly felt like it. Was heaving, heard one boy in Cassia boasting about how he snuck in.

I hope they install some better shade spots and I'm glad to see there are showers again unlike last year, even if they have to be paid for. 🙄

I was pretty surprised by the scale of the thing as I thought it wasn't meant to be a huge festival - was certainly more people than I expected.

Which might explain why the Monday morning traffic getting out of the thing was so awful. Or at least it did from images I saw on Twitter, given I left pretty much straight after 2 Door finished their thing.