Truck 2020

Tonybyates

7 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Right now I’m guessing:

Headliners: Bombay, Catfish, Kooks, Blossoms on Thursday

DMAs, Shame heading the Market

Sundara and The Hives as 3rds

Pale Waves and Big Moon 4th?

Hoping for some strong subs seeing as this year looks considerably cheaper than last atm

Agreeing with you here, looks no where near as strong as last year. 

Didn't shame headline the market last year? Not sure if they'd do it 2 years on the trot. 

29 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Blossoms to sub and Razorlight to do Thursday?

Blossoms subbing Kooks would be a hilarious dig at Community 2019 lol

Why would copying the lineup constitute a "dig"?

Either way, I'm pretty sure Blossoms are the Thursday headline with the Kooks, Catfish and BBC as your headliners.

Swim Deep also

Hoping it’s Catfish or Bombay closing the festival - if it was the same formula as last year I’d say Bombay equate to Wolf Alice (the smallest) on the Friday, Catfish to Foals as the big Saturday night headliner and The Kooks to Two Door on the Sunday, but that would just be such a weak finale while TDCC absolutely crushed it this year

Edited by frontsidecab

13 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Right now I’m guessing:

Headliners: Bombay, Catfish, Kooks, Blossoms on Thursday

DMAs, Shame heading the Market

Sundara and The Hives as 3rds

Pale Waves and Big Moon 4th?

Hoping for some strong subs seeing as this year looks considerably cheaper than last atm

I hope it's a lot better than this, only one of the headliners can really be classed as that, especially when compared to last year.

5 minutes ago, Woby_Tide said:

Would they have sent headliners out with such a quirky marketing plan, seems a bit risky but you never know. Also see Ynot did similar so it likely that there will be crossover acts between Truck and Ynot swapping days maybe?

Truck is a weekend later than Ynot this year so could share acts without clashing. Think someone said more acts will be shared with Tramlines this year though .

24 minutes ago, Woby_Tide said:

Would they have sent headliners out with such a quirky marketing plan, seems a bit risky but you never know. Also see Ynot did similar so it likely that there will be crossover acts between Truck and Ynot swapping days maybe?

No different to last year, think every music fan in Oxford knew foals were headlining with the amount of "they're coming home" posters plastered about 🤣

39 minutes ago, Woby_Tide said:

32 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Truck is a weekend later than Ynot this year so could share acts without clashing. Think someone said more acts will be shared with Tramlines this year though .

Y Not is now an independent festival again. Whereas Truck and Tramlines got bought up in the same Superstruct deal from Broadwick. Tramlines moved weekends to align with Truck and Kendal to block book acts. So there will be a lot of cross over. 

Saying all that Y Not I believe still to be the same festival booker as all the other festivals I've mentioned. 

5 hours ago, Abingdon1 said:

I hope it's a lot better than this, only one of the headliners can really be classed as that, especially when compared to last year.

Without getting into whether they're big enough (I think they are), I've caught Bombay twice in the last 3 months and they put on a great show. They'll smash it. The Kooks, on the other hand 😛

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Both blossoms and kooks are subs at This is tomorrow, similar sized fest 

Kooks could definitely have headlined it after doing community (the most busy one to date as well)

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Kooks subbing with Royal Blood headlining Truck? Rumour has it RB are at Boardies n Y Not

Could easily see them at both tbh. I'm very happy with bombay and catfish as headliners for truck but at this point i would prefer a different band than the kooks to headline

• Upvote 1