Tonybyates

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Thursday: Miles Kane

Friday: The Libertines / The Streets / The Hunna

Saturday: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Blossoms / Feeder

Sunday: Stereophonics / Ian Brown / Primal Scream

I'd be pretty happy with this - that Sunday is really stacked, with Ian Brown's placement at other festivals I think he should headline really at Truck.

16 hours ago, R Shah said:

Thursday: Miles Kane

Friday: The Libertines / The Streets / The Hunna

Saturday: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Blossoms / Feeder

Sunday: Stereophonics / Ian Brown / Primal Scream

If they are sharing headliners with Tramlines can’t see it being Stereophonics as they only headlined last year although I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

I think bombay is a good shout for headlining, then surely a band who has previously headlined and then another who i have no idea about 

Yeah Bombay seem like a no-brainer for Truck and then maybe sub at the bigger fests like Y Not. I’d go for them, Supergrass and Royal Blood at this point. RB just doing the gamut of festivals to get their name back on the map and Supergrass as a returning local act.

I'll throw out another couple of hints based off the info I've had. As far as I'm aware (ie after Ctrl+Fing the wiki page and then checking the posters it's missing), two of the headliners have never played the festival before, although they're not particularly left field picks. Nobody in the thread has gotten all three correct, and only one person has gotten two of them correct in the same prediction. I have a bit more faith in the source since last time I posted but still obviously not 100% 😛

On that basis I’m predicting Supergrass, Elbow and either Catfish or Ian Brown. I would say Ian Brown but if one of the headliners has played before I’d say Catfish could return. They’re headlining Community this year and headliner Truck ages ago, and they’ve grown since and are a much bigger booking now. Back then they were the “headline Truck, sub Y-Not” booking, but now they’d be the biggest headliner on the lineup. Definitely justifies re-booking.

Edited by wro_lap

12 hours ago, wro_lap said:

On that basis I’m predicting Supergrass, Elbow and either Catfish or Ian Brown. I would say Ian Brown but if one of the headliners has played before I’d say Catfish could return. They’re headlining Community this year and headliner Truck ages ago, and they’ve grown since and are a much bigger booking now. Back then they were the “headline Truck, sub Y-Not” booking, but now they’d be the biggest headliner on the lineup. Definitely justifies re-booking.

Supergrass have also headlined before, back in 2009....