Rollin' Limp Bizkit Thread

dentalplan

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Seems an appropriate place to drop this. Some proper chuckles in here. Number 11 in particular made me snort coffee out of my nose.

ffs, thats gonna send me into a 'listen to Slipknot' tailspin for the next week or two now! (thats a good thing 😄)

Whatever you think of Vice, this is some fine writing:

With crow feathers and 90s-teen girl clips in his hair, The Rasmus’ lead singer was prototype goblincore long before TikTok came along. 

Their breakout single “In The Shadows” brought this strange Finnish band into the consciousness of British grungers, nerds and parents alike. Just as the opening lines of “Mr. Brightside” are an activating energy source for white people across the globe, as soon as that “In The Shadows” siren goes off and the “aho aho” bird-like call hits the air, miserable people are given the signal to live another night.

52 minutes ago, Quark said:

Seems an appropriate place to drop this. Some proper chuckles in here. Number 11 in particular made me snort coffee out of my nose.

I've got a few nit picks like no Queens Of The Stone Age for either No One Knows or Go With The Flow is surprising as well as no Foo Fighters or Gallows and Tenacious D should be higher, that was constantly on. Otherwise a very good nostalgia list.

Edited by jump

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Brode's at #5, no Rancid or QOTSA makes sense in the context of what that blurb was putting across. The Josh stuff has to shake out before he gets his hall pass renewed.

Obviously they've omitted Manson and LostProphets too — Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja would have been a realistic top 3 pick, but appropriately is banished for eternity.

So what? As a time capsule Queens Of The Stone Age was way more frequent than The Distillers were, it felt like they only popped up for a year or two before dropping off whilst No One Knows was still being shown frequently years and years after it's debut. I actually grew to dislike the song as it was so over played during the 00s.

Queens haven't been "cancelled", it's one article that has popped up which most folk aren't even aware and those that are aware of it are sceptical due to how much of it seems like a bad break up and throwing accusations at each other is nowhere near the same level as Lost Prophets.

Take a breather, this isn’t worth getting so heated about. The Homme accusations have been discussed at length on the boards, almost weekly, and I’m almost always the one saying it’s by no means clear-cut.

You’ve tied yourself in knots here: it’s a single list on Vice with a majority female pool of writers who decided to omit Queens, and present solid reasoning for why The Distillers are that high up the list (castigation and alienation by punk bros). An ongoing court case is surely the reason QOTSA have been left out, however much their golden age meant to you or me or plenty of people at the time. It’s the list-maker’s call, not some kind of cast-iron judgement from the heavens. The only person using the word ‘cancelled’ is you.

How am I getting heated? I'm pointing out as a time capsule Queens (and others) were far more relevant than a band that were a small blimp for the time.

You're the one that took it into that territory even if you didn't outright say "cancelled" by saying " banished for eternity" and "hall pass renewed" and the inclusion of The Distillers should therefore mean no Queens.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

We got Sky in 2001. MTV2 and KERRANG! were good at first, but then the latter became really soft. Just all back catalogue, the same Guns N Roses songs 24 hours a day. SCUZZ on the other hand was playing the bands that the K magazine was actually featuring. Salute u SCUZZ.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Well damn, sorry if Vice rubbed you the wrong way cause they gave your fave artist one missed slot on a list and you dont think what they do to farm clickbait means anything to the landscape

What the fuck are you on about? I never said anything about them being clickbait and said it was a good list.

It’s weird to bring that kind of acknowledgment into a throwaway list of old music videos. It’s not prestigious, they’re not promoting QOTSA, and he he hasn’t been charged with anything and it’s part of a shitty divorce battle where Brody has been accused of shit too.

Wait til they read about the Puddle of Mudd singer. Would they remove him? Or does it not fucking matter? Who knows? Who cares? Let’s just crank some Bizkit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Direct from Emma re: no QOTSA. Can we put this to bed now? 

image.png.64bd757a033a649e4c5d2383926a64f2.png

Who is Emma?

You realise you're the one who brought it up as an anti-Queens thing as I also mentioned Foo Fighters and Gallows missing from it in the same post and even framed it as a nit picking despite you seeming to think I'm in somekind of rage over it.

Going through the SCUZZ list and my hairs are standing on end. My mate was going out with the tour manager for these sorts of bands in 2004/2005. I was AAA at 36 Crazyfists, Poison the Well/Dillinger Escape Plan, Atreyu, Funeral for a Friend. His primary focus was Bullet For My Valentine, so I watched them go from supports at the Wulfrun to headlining the Brum Academy in their own right. Ended up on Whitesnake's tourbus at one point with David Coverdale. Snuck a VHS of Dr Doolittle 2 on 36CF's bus, and secreted it in their creepy little cubbies. It was a weird condition of entry, I must admit, but who was I to argue? I was 20 years old and suddenly I was palling around in dressing rooms, hanging out with all these rockbands I'd been reading about and listening to. Dillinger were having a moustache growing competition and showering in groups together.

You say you're not het up but you keep on hammering this. I figured no GWTF/No One Knows because the copy was visibly pro-Brody, and therefore maybe an anti-Queens thing. You got mad and started reaching that my words meant this and that, and that it can't be anti-Queens thing because there's only been 'one article' about the court case that most people have ignored (🧐). The lead writer and Vice's editor has now confirmed it was an anti-Queens thing. 

Please, I'm begging you. Go enjoy your Friday. You gotta have something better to do.

Can you stop saying shit like I'm mad, heated etc when I'm not. It doesn't become real the more you say it and that is something that will get people mad the more you accuse them of it as well as actually closing down discussion.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Amazing. Plenty of songs on there my mates and I still regularly put on when having drinks (Slit Wrist Theory, Right Side of the Bed) and some I’d completely forgotten about (that Bloodhound Gang track).  

Although they missed out My Curse by Killswitch which I feel was ALWAYS on Scuzz no matter which day I put it on (My Last Serenade is an elite-tier banger, though). Ditto Andrew WK’s Party Hard which was seemingly always next in the queue. 

Scuzz really was great; as said above, they always pushed younger bands, particularly British ones, and I found so many great artists from late night Scuzz shows. 

On the topic of QOTSA; whenever I see a particular cousin (3/4 times a year), we will stick Kerrang! on the telly and each give a shout of a video we are absolutely guaranteed to see that afternoon/evening and Go With The Flow is always mine. The last time we played, it was the next video on after the one that was playing when we turned on. 

Edited by Andre91

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Papa Roach - Last Resort 😂 That brings back memories, I was asked to leave a bar once after requesting it on karaoke only for them to put on 'Between Angels and Insects" - I wasn't best pleased.