2020 headliners

RustySpanner

Bright eyes confirmed then surely 😍

This then lends credence to the tip off that Big Thief and Pixies are the other headliners. Think Big Thief are a bit dull (for me) and the Pixies might be past it live, but I'm excited to hear who'll be headlining the Garden stage.

I think the hanger lane gyratory clue could be Bodega ("gyrate"), though as I said on FB they did play last year but I'd be happy to see them again.

Edited by goldengirl

1 minute ago, waltdisnae said:

Bright Eyes / Big Thief / Pixies would be maybe the strongest set of headliners (for me) since I started going in 2011! Lack of Angel Olsen would be surprising and a shame though 😥

Pixies aren't my thing at all but doesn't strike me as a EOTR booking. 

The other two are though.

9 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Pixies aren't my thing at all but doesn't strike me as a EOTR booking. 

The other two are though.

12 minutes ago, waltdisnae said:

Bright Eyes / Big Thief / Pixies would be maybe the strongest set of headliners (for me) since I started going in 2011! Lack of Angel Olsen would be surprising and a shame though 😥

If these are the headliners, Bright Eyes would be my only 'definitely going to see them, regardless of what's on the other stages' act of the three. 

I like Big Thief but not convinced by them live, and even though I love Pixies, I've seen them couple of times in the past 5 years.

Best thing about EOTR is that even when the headliners aren't quite your cup of tea, there's so much great stuff on the undercard is doesn't matter!

I'd be quite disappointed with Pixies as it feels a bit......uninspired for EOTR, they're pretty past it, everyone's seen them a million times since they reformed and no Kim anymore. I'd actually much rather have a band making the step up like Big Thief, even though I personally find them a bit dull live vs record. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, robith said:

I'd be quite disappointed with Pixies as it feels a bit......uninspired for EOTR, they're pretty past it, everyone's seen them a million times since they reformed and no Kim anymore. I'd actually much rather have a band making the step up like Big Thief, even though I personally find them a bit dull live vs record. 

This is my view. 

It is really safe but maybe they are cheaper to book. They could be Thursday headliner. 

12 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

I would agree Pixies would fit best as a Thursday headliner.

Yeh I thought this. Especially as in recent years the Thursday headliner tends to be the older of the 4. Could well be that the source who named those three acts assumed Pixies were headlining one of the other days but instead, they are doing Thursday and the other headliner won't be announced tomorrow? 

Edited by Guy Incognito

10 minutes ago, incident said:

more clues -

Facebook - digs.acid.brains

Twitter - loved.builds.cover

Instagram - actors.images.career

Facebook: looks like it's in Dudley. New Road in the Black Country? Well, that's obviously far too cryptic.

IG: Nursery Row, off St Albans Road in Barnet. No idea.

Twitter: a point nowhere in particular in Bartlett, Illinois, which according to Wiki has produced no famous musicians at all apart from a Disney competition winner. It's in three counties one of which is called Kane, so... Lazarus Kane?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

52 minutes ago, robith said:

Agreed . Definitely would be a uninspired booking. Can’t see it being them personally 

6 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Facebook: looks like it's in Dudley. New Road in the Black Country? Well, that's obviously far too cryptic.

IG: Nursery Row, off St Albans Road in Barnet. No idea.

Twitter: a point nowhere in particular in Bartlett, Illinois, which according to Wiki has produced no famous musicians at all apart from a Disney competition winner. It's in three counties one of which is called Kane, so... Lazarus Kane?

Isn't it Bartlett Tennessee though? That could mean Julien Baker.

Edited by RustySpanner