2020 headliners

RustySpanner

Real Estate, bright eyes, destroyer would all be welcome returns 

Tindersticks haven't played for a while have they?  Garden subs again? 

No idea on the headliners although Angel would seem an obvious pick if they can get her. 

A few I'd love to see... 

Tropical Fuck Storm

Withered Hand

Spike Fuck

Been hoping to see Withered Hand here for about a decade. He'd be great in the Tipi.

Not a fan, although her solo album is better than the Alabama Shakes stuff but I could see Brittany Howard turning up this year.

Thursday night seems to have quietly become a slot for the more established acts - Shins, Slowdive, YLT, and Spiritualized. I wonder if that's where Bright Eyes might end up (can dream of Phoebe Bridgers also being on the bill and a Better Oblivion set turning up somewhere)

Real Estate would be great as I missed them the last time, ditto Destroyer.

Dean Wareham is touring Galaxie 500's On Fire album. That would be amazing on the Garden Stage.   

3 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Have Real Estate played before? I don't remember them being there as I definitely would have gone to see them.

I remember missing Local Natives, who I was excited to see, because of escaping the rain in the Tipi.

Just checked, 2017. Looks like I would have been seeing Jens Lekman at the time. I do not regret this now.

1 hour ago, bobbyperu said:

Been hoping to see Withered Hand here for about a decade. He'd be great in the Tipi.

Not a fan, although her solo album is better than the Alabama Shakes stuff but I could see Brittany Howard turning up this year.

Thursday night seems to have quietly become a slot for the more established acts - Shins, Slowdive, YLT, and Spiritualized. I wonder if that's where Bright Eyes might end up (can dream of Phoebe Bridgers also being on the bill and a Better Oblivion set turning up somewhere)

Real Estate would be great as I missed them the last time, ditto Destroyer.

Dean Wareham is touring Galaxie 500's On Fire album. That would be amazing on the Garden Stage.   

I'm not a massive fan of Alabama Shakes but their Woods stage set in 2012 totally blew me away for the amount of musical talent on display and the way Brittany Howard had the audience in the palm of her hand. One of those times when I just had to put aside my musical preferences and say "wow". Probably one of the highlights of 10+ years at EOTR for me.

Real Estate were good, if not stunning, when they played the Woods Stage.

Edited by paulwa

1 hour ago, bobbyperu said:

If Bright Eyes played surely they would headline on Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

Agreed, they are too big for Thursday night (a lot of people don't turn up until Friday).

You guys are probably right (although I'd say The Shins and Spiritualized are arguably bigger, definitely so going by venues on previous tours) but Bright Eyes maybe has a bit more prestige as a headliner.

Definitely been getting busier year on year on a Thursday now though, although that is partially down to the whole site not being open.

3 hours ago, bobbyperu said:

Definitely been getting busier year on year on a Thursday now though, although that is partially down to the whole site not being open.

Where we always camp (near that big thing, ?water tower?), last year was by far the busiest....... we got there mid afternoon on the Thurs, and had to' squeeze' in (by EOTR standards), previously we would have to shout at our neighbours (to say hello, not to just rant about the colour of their tent pegs or owt)

9 hours ago, shoebox said:

Just checked, 2017. Looks like I would have been seeing Jens Lekman at the time. I do not regret this now.

had a great time at that Real Estate gig but I went over to catch the end of Jens after and it was total joy. wish I'd seen the full show. think I underestimated how good it'd be cos I'd seen him do a solo gig at a festival with him and a backing track before and it wasn't that great.

Edited by Balls

Pixies current run of dates ends on Sep 2nd so that fits. They typically play 2,000-ish capacity venues at c£40 a ticket so can't imagine they come cheap to bookers. Must be towards the top end of what eotr can afford. 

An ok if uninspiring booking imo. They've been touring solidly for years so you'd imagine most Eotr types who wanted to see them would have done so by now, right? 

15 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

There's word that Bright Eyes might be playing this. 

Edit: also Pixies and Big Thief, apparently.

I personally would be very happy with the Pixies and Bright Eyes as headliners. I really like Big Thief, but not convinced about them headlining - especially given the mixed reception to their garden show a couple of years ago...