2020 headliners

RustySpanner

Just now, SweepingTheNation said:

Possible that it's timed to coincide with some UK/European dates being announced.

Yeah seems there's a few events that are probably going to be announcing acts within the next few weeks. End of the Road, All Points East, Primavera, Green Man, Roskilde, Blue Dot etc. Not all confirmed of course, but just seems very likely

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Didn't someone say they're a R+L exclusive? Don't know how much truth there is in that though

It’s not that they’re an R&L exclusive necessarily, the Bearded Theory booker (I think) said they’re an exclusive at a UK festival and R&L seemed most likely. I’d be surprised if they headlined this but it’s definitely possible.

1. Bright Eyes will play this or Greenman. 

2. Would be very surprised to see Idles here as think they could command bigger money elsewhere. 

3. Destroyer coming back after their previous cut set would be ace. 

4. Would like to see Wilco, Modern Nature, Richard Dawson, Alex G, Mikal Cronin, Real Estate, Dry Cleaning and Woods. 

Edited by Nick07

3 hours ago, Nick07 said:

1. Bright Eyes will play this or Greenman. 

2. Would be very surprised to see Idles here as think they could command bigger money elsewhere. 

3. Destroyer coming back after their previous cut set would be ace. 

4. Would like to see Wilco, Modern Nature, Richard Dawson, Alex G, Mikal Cronin, Real Estate, Dry Cleaning and Woods. 

Would love Bright Eyes!

Like a couple of others, I'm really not too bothered about IDLES coming back.

Would be happy with Bright Eyes, saw them at the Royal Albert hall which was a seated affair so I imagine seeing them at a festival would be more fun.

Angel Olsen or Ezra would be good too, and some King Gizzard/Pond/Amyl and the sniffers..

Johnny Marr seems to be touring in 2020... could he ever headline EOTR?

4 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Any chance of Tame Impala coming back?

Personally I'd love it although they/he may be a bit too big now (although I'd still struggle to describe them as a top tier act).

There was a podcast interview with Simon once and he said that that Tamp Impala booking just fell perfectly for him that year as they were able to share the cost with Bestival (I think!). Get the impression that acts of that magnitude are probably out of their range, or at least if they want to put together a strong undercard. 

It's rare that EOTR sells itself on the headliners. Sufjan and the reformed Grandaddy and Vampire Weekend bookings were probably the only time we saw something outside of the usual acts playing the festival circuit. There is no way it sold out last year on the Woods headliners

15 minutes ago, shoebox said:

There was a podcast interview with Simon once and he said that that Tamp Impala booking just fell perfectly for him that year as they were able to share the cost with Bestival (I think!). Get the impression that acts of that magnitude are probably out of their range, or at least if they want to put together a strong undercard. 

It's rare that EOTR sells itself on the headliners. Sufjan and the reformed Grandaddy and Vampire Weekend bookings were probably the only time we saw something outside of the usual acts playing the festival circuit. There is no way it sold out last year on the Woods headliners

I don't even remember Tame Impala being absolutely huge by the time EOTR rolled round that year (Currents certainly bumped them up a bit but that was only released two months prior), so god knows what they must cost now.

21 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I don't even remember Tame Impala being absolutely huge by the time EOTR rolled round that year (Currents certainly bumped them up a bit but that was only released two months prior), so god knows what they must cost now.

It still baffles me now. I don't know anyone who loves Tame Impala. How did they get so massive?

I watched the first three songs of their set the year they played. They managed to drop The Moment nice and early in their set which was great because it meant I could bugger off to watch Low instead.

Personally I love them (been a fan since the first album) but yes, I can guarantee if you walked down the street and asked 50 random people if they had heard of Tame Impala then probably at least 45 wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about.

I am pretty sure they're just one massive worldwide hit away from being Glasto headliners though.

2 hours ago, shoebox said:

It still baffles me now. I don't know anyone who loves Tame Impala. How did they get so massive?

I watched the first three songs of their set the year they played. They managed to drop The Moment nice and early in their set which was great because it meant I could bugger off to watch Low instead.

I was so disappointed when Tame Impala played EOTR. I really wanted to see them back then but they didn't play a single one of their early more psychedelic rock tracks from the first few EPs and album. And I haven't liked anything they've done since. Hey ho.

6 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Would be happy with Bright Eyes, saw them at the Royal Albert hall which was a seated affair so I imagine seeing them at a festival would be more fun.

Angel Olsen or Ezra would be good too, and some King Gizzard/Pond/Amyl and the sniffers..

Would love King Gizzard to come back!