2020 headliners

RustySpanner

On 10/22/2019 at 12:44 PM, Declan said:

Let's hope the bizarre decision by Q to name Michael Kiwanuka's drab performance as the best live show of the year doesn't mislead the bookers into thinking that's the way to go this year. 

I thought Kiwanuka was fantastic, and I'd love to see more soul music at EOTR. Durand Jones & The Indications would be a great bet.

Edited by ljsawyer

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, waltdisnae said:

I think I'm predicting Angel Olsen / Big Thief / Caribou

Really struggle to imagine Big Thief as headliners. Not because they're not good enough or big enough, I just can't see them carrying the Woods stage given their lack of stage presence on the Garden and Tipi on previous visits.

• Upvote 2

I've been listening to this band called Black Belt Eagle Scout who would make a great Garden stage band, although they don't appear to have toured outside of the USA yet so may be too soon.

I think Sports Team will be a shoe-in for a Big Top slot...haven't seem them live personally but I hear they're great fun, and the kids sure love them.

20 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I've been listening to this band called Black Belt Eagle Scout who would make a great Garden stage band, although they don't appear to have toured outside of the USA yet so may be too soon.

I think Sports Team will be a shoe-in for a Big Top slot...haven't seem them live personally but I hear they're great fun, and the kids sure love them.

I love the sound Black Belt Eagle Scout make - a random find for me and I thought I was the only person in the country who had heard of her, but yes she would be perfect at EOTR. She said on her Facebook that she is coming to the UK in 2020, but I don't know when or how big a tour.

12 minutes ago, TheMerryPig said:

I love the sound Black Belt Eagle Scout make - a random find for me and I thought I was the only person in the country who had heard of her, but yes she would be perfect at EOTR. She said on her Facebook that she is coming to the UK in 2020, but I don't know when or how big a tour.

Her album was listed on Pitchfork's 'best rock albums of 2019' so she's most likely gained a few fans in the past week or so.