EOTR 2020 tickets

buddiepaul

2020 will be our first year as parents of a school-age child. Unfortunately the schools start back the week before EOTR2020, so am having to hold fire on tickets - basically we are line-up dependent to see if it's worth the expense for what will probably be Friday night to Sunday afternoon.  We might be giving Green Man or Beautiful Days a try instead for one year, a change is as good as a rest!  

Always wish EOTR was a week earlier on the Bank Holiday weekend so this wasn't an issue.  

@juliadevitt didn't see you or your Eriba this year but there were plenty of us in the campervan field! :)

I am sort of in the same boat in terms of school time.  Been for the last 8 year or so with the family and the extra fees made me think twice earlier and the early birds sold out.  May have a look at other options now - as a change may be good - even though I am not sure it can match the whole vibe and lovely location of EOTR. 

7 minutes ago, HastingsBoy said:

Tier 2 ticket sorted. Just out of interest, how much were the Early Bird Tickets? Also I was convinced you got some of your £45 deposit back if you couldn't attend? Am I imagining it? I think that's how the Glasto ticket deposit works. 

£165 plus the booking fee, so only £10 difference.

Opted out of early birds, but will definitely be attending next year. The saving isn't that huge, so it made more sense to wait until payday.

Thankfully we're not affected by the school dates as our two stay with my parents over the weekend anyway. But at least one of our party will need to wait until he finds out term dates as he doesn't want to miss his youngest's first day at school.

The missus is also leaving it until she sees the line-up, opting to go every other year to try and keep things fresh. She has said that if the line-up is killer, she'll consider it though.

Having just missed my first EOTR in about 10 years, due to being emotionally blackmailed to spend my 50th birthday with family, I feel so much better that I'm now in possession of a ticket for 2020 - even if it does start a year from today!

I'm going to check out Sea Change as well next year as I don't think I can wait another year before getting my festival kicks. It seems to have a similar lineup to EOTR, an interesting location, and is the same small scale as EOTR was when it started.

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, LowerMead said:

2020 will be our first year as parents of a school-age child. Unfortunately the schools start back the week before EOTR2020, so am having to hold fire on tickets - basically we are line-up dependent to see if it's worth the expense for what will probably be Friday night to Sunday afternoon.  We might be giving Green Man or Beautiful Days a try instead for one year, a change is as good as a rest!  

Always wish EOTR was a week earlier on the Bank Holiday weekend so this wasn't an issue.  

@juliadevitt didn't see you or your Eriba this year but there were plenty of us in the campervan field! :)

Ahh is that you Steve? I did look out for you. We were on  the carpark side this year and quite squashed in, so we’ve opted for the large pitches next year x

On 9/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, paulwa said:

I'm going to check out Sea Change as well next year as I don't think I can wait another year before getting my festival kicks. It seems to have a similar lineup to EOTR, an interesting location, and is the same small scale as EOTR was when it started.

I went to Sea Change this year, and can only say good things about it.  My understanding is that the capacity was 2000, but it never felt like there were that many folk there, even including day tickets.  Given that size, line-up wise it punched way, way above its weight; and the bookers looked to have done an outstanding job in getting the likes of TVAM, Black Midi, The Comet is Coming, Doomsquad, Black Country New Road, WH Lung and Bill Ryder-Jones. My car was parked less than 100m from my tent and my tent was less than 100m from the arena.  Plus now being in the late May Bank Holiday weekend, it gets the festival season off to an early start. Assuming a similar quality of line-up, I'll be going again next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, juliadevitt said:

Ahh is that you Steve? I did look out for you. We were on  the carpark side this year and quite squashed in, so we’ve opted for the large pitches next year x

It is yes, hello! Likewise if we do decide to go we are going to 'Go Large' on the pitch. It's all line-up specific at the moment unfortunately. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:15 AM, Born in the fifties said:

I went to Sea Change this year, and can only say good things about it.  My understanding is that the capacity was 2000, but it never felt like there were that many folk there, even including day tickets.  Given that size, line-up wise it punched way, way above its weight; and the bookers looked to have done an outstanding job in getting the likes of TVAM, Black Midi, The Comet is Coming, Doomsquad, Black Country New Road, WH Lung and Bill Ryder-Jones. My car was parked less than 100m from my tent and my tent was less than 100m from the arena.  Plus now being in the late May Bank Holiday weekend, it gets the festival season off to an early start. Assuming a similar quality of line-up, I'll be going again next year.

Thanks for the feedback. It was the quality of that lineup that's tempted me for next year, along with it moving out of the multi-venue approach in Totnes centre into a single site at the manor house. I do like the idea of an easy tent pitch as well :-)