Open'er 2020

mln

• 3 weeks later...

Hey can someone who has been to Opener answer some question for me please. Not been to a European festival for about 10 years and never been here so wanted some info as i've bought tickets.

1. Are there hot showers and what are the queues like?

2. how much is it likely to cost in a taxi from Gdansk and is traffic terrible/ are there any shuttlebusses from Gdansk

3. Where can you leave passports?

I have doubts over whether my Girlfriend can handle 4 days in a tent so tempted to book a hotel in Gdansk (as fully booked in Gdynia) and either travel up each day sor maybe do 2 days camping and hotel/Taxi other days so any info on this would be great

thanks

6 hours ago, scotty1664 said:

Hey can someone who has been to Opener answer some question for me please. Not been to a European festival for about 10 years and never been here so wanted some info as i've bought tickets.

1. Are there hot showers and what are the queues like?

2. how much is it likely to cost in a taxi from Gdansk and is traffic terrible/ are there any shuttlebusses from Gdansk

3. Where can you leave passports?

I have doubts over whether my Girlfriend can handle 4 days in a tent so tempted to book a hotel in Gdansk (as fully booked in Gdynia) and either travel up each day sor maybe do 2 days camping and hotel/Taxi other days so any info on this would be great

thanks

1. There are hot showers at the campsite (4 PLN per one usage). This year, the queues were very small, but in 2018, it was necessary to wait 5-10 minutes – and this applies to hours like 7-8 AM. With each hour, the queues are getting bigger, so it's better to take shower earlier :)

2. The best way is to take a SKM train from Gdansk to Gdynia Glowna and then take the Open'er shuttle bus to the festival area. Depending on the hour, it takes 40-90 minutes to get from Gdynia Glowna to the festival area. The same applies to the return journey.

3. I think there are paid deposits at the main entrance gates.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody translate the question they just asked in their insta-story? The right answer is Tame Impala.

It would be a strange way to give a hint, but if Tame Impala are doing some european festivals in june/july, I can see them doing Opener amongst Roskilde, Werchter...

2 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Can anybody translate the question they just asked in their insta-story? The right answer is Tame Impala.

It would be a strange way to give a hint, but if Tame Impala are doing some european festivals in june/july, I can see them doing Opener amongst Roskilde, Werchter...

"Which band didn't play at Open'er 2015?"

Edited by Matit7
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Can't see anything on their insta-story. Do you have a screenshot?

Just now, Matit7 said:

They just removed it. When I remembered to take a screenshot it was too late:/

I've just noticed you'd written the question above. Strange, seems too easy to be a hint, but who knows. They're active on social media, maybe announcement coming tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Matit7 said:

"Which band didn't play at Open'er 2015?"

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

Can't see anything on their insta-story. Do you have a screenshot?

Oh, they removed it. Didn't take a screenshot, sorry. I saw it about 5 minutes ago.

Possible answers were Drake, Disclosure and I think the last one was Kasabian. Still doubt it's a hint, but why should they ask such a question out of nothing and then remove it??

I have personally enjoyed last year's Open'er a lot. This was our third time there over the years and the organisation went smoothly as it usually does (we didn't camp though). I think it was the only festival in the EU to have all three of The Strokes, Vampire Weekend and Interpol last year. Yes, we do like them NYC bands :D The line-up was quite diverse too. And the crowd at Open'er is really top notch. And yeah, the trip wasn't too expensive, Poland's still quite cheap. 

I don't think we're gonna come back this year, but you never know. It's looking quite promising at the moment, though they're a bit slow at announcing bands.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:19 PM, Giovanni said:

I don't think we're gonna come back this year, but you never know. It's looking quite promising at the moment, though they're a bit slow at announcing bands.

They were always slow, but this year... It's almost 2 months since the last announcement. And we've got only 10 names so far.