Open'er 2020

mln

8 minutes ago, deathbyathousandacts said:

Just saw a rumour that Charli XCX and Kings of Leon will be playing.

Where? In one of the Facebook groups? If so, This person also hinted on Nothing but Thieves and after that they were announced on Fest Festival. 

3 minutes ago, PJB said:

Pearl Jam, Faith no more, Stormzy & Post Malone all confirmed appearances next Summer in Europe. Could be a good shout

Pearl Jam are playing in Krakow, Faith No More are rumoured not to play in Poland in 2020, Stormzy played this year and has a separate date in March in Poland, and Post Malone played in 2018 which may be a little bit too early. Sorry, but you've missed.

As for now, it looks like the last two headliners will be Kendrick Lamar and The Killers.

34 minutes ago, rummy said:

Today is a good day!

Yeah, if we can't get any new announcement, let's at least be happy with something we won't get. Although, I'd prefer Tyler over ASAP for Open'er.

Edited by mln

Just now, Matit7 said:

Kendrick for Rock Werchter so we can expect him on Open'er?

He's playing Latitude Festival on Friday and Rock Werchter on Saturday, so he's only possible for Open'er on Wednesday. And there's also Roskilde... I'm not so sure anymore.

17 minutes ago, mln said:

He's playing Latitude Festival on Friday and Rock Werchter on Saturday, so he's only possible for Open'er on Wednesday. And there's also Roskilde... I'm not so sure anymore.

Absolutely we can expect him od Wednesday. Taylor is playing that day at Roskilde, so Opener does not have any major festivals competing for him that day. Also Kendrick'll be in Stockholm few days before. The question is who is going to be Saturday headliner?

Just now, turnero said:

Absolutely we can expect him od Wednesday. Taylor is playing that day at Roskilde, so Opener does not have any major festivals competing for him that day. Also Kendrick'll be in Stockholm few days before. The question is who is going to be Saturday headliner?

So, you think Roskilde will give up on him completely? I just can't believe it.

As for the Saturday headliner, it should be some rock/alternative name. The Killers, RHCP, Kings of Leon? Somebody without any tour dates yet?

21 minutes ago, mln said:

So, you think Roskilde will give up on him completely? I just can't believe it.

As for the Saturday headliner, it should be some rock/alternative name. The Killers, RHCP, Kings of Leon? Somebody without any tour dates yet?

About Saturday headliner I'm betting The Killers, but I'm afraid it could be KOL instead. Also, I do not think that Roskilde are able to have Kendrick and Taylor on the same day ;)

11 minutes ago, turnero said:

About Saturday headliner I'm betting The Killers, but I'm afraid it could be KOL instead. Also, I do not think that Roskilde are able to have Kendrick and Taylor on the same day ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just I'm being super-cautious after last year's disappointment with The Cure.

7 hours ago, turnero said:

Roskilde have fittet the following duos on the orange stage on the first day at recent earlier editions:  Outkast / Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan / Cardi B, The Weeknd / Justice. Other years they've only had a smaller opening act and then the big act (Pharell / RHCP). It is mostly the Outkast/Rolling Stones that stands out as an example. 

On Different stages, but still strong on the first day: Eminem, Nine Inch Nails.

So Roskilde can have two big names the first day - Especially at the 50'th edition. But I must admit Kendrick + Taylor would be insanely strong. Maybe Roskilde can have Kendrick on the Thursday and give him an intense three days in a row (4 days if he do Opener wednesday).

Admitted: Looks likely for Opener. I have a feeling Roskilde is not that die hard to get him as they had him in 2013 and 2015 and he played Denmark twice in 2018. On the other hand he never headlined a day at the 22.00 slot at Roskilde and it is about time! 

7 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Do you really Roskilde doesn’t want Kendrick? 

They should want him, but other festivals might prioritize him a lot harder. Roskilde is a little strange sometimes.

Last year they said Tool was not possible because their tour ended Tuesday (with Roskilde starting wednesday). So Tool went to Copenhell. Had they really really wanted Tool they must have been able to extent the tour 1 fucking day :) . I Just would not be surprized of they let Kendrick slip this year.

Do you have some inside info on Roskilde ? :D