worst ever festival sets

Crazyfool01

2005 - The Doves. 

I almost cried at how bored I was. (Then) boyfriend got aggie at me for wanting to leave without him, but didn't want to leave. So I was basically forced to watch them. It was SO BORING.

It took me three more years to break up with him because I was an indecisive 20-something, but I can remember hating nothing more in that moment than the Doves and my stupid (then) boyfriend.

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

Viva Brother in Silver Hayes, lasted less than a song. Supposed to be the new Oasis

I remember making fun of them when they were about, they had something like 5 names changes and kept changing their genre to  whatever fad sound was in at the time.

Kids in Glass Houses - Sonisphere 2011

Weather was poor, crowd were totally disinterested and the band were just going through the motions.

Also saw Janene Garofalo (?sp) die on her arse in the comedy tent at latitude back in something like '09 , and leave ten minutes into a 45 minute slot. Was saved by Ed Byrne coming out and doing double duty.

2007, was with two mates, one of who's totally blind and wanted to see Babyshambles, unfortunately for me said other mate had done a disappearing act meaning I had to endure Babyshambles, think it was Other Stage. Dire would be being kind to that performance.

2 hours ago, Splonk said:

Liam Gallagher Pyramid 2018

Now I didn't actively go to see this. Camping in Kidney Mead I could hear the intense awfulness of it all from the discomfort of my tent.

Genuinely, shockingly, shit.

Do you mean this year? We were also at our tent in Kidney Mead, it was like a shit Oasis tribute act. 

Saw The XX at bbc introducing in 2013 and thought they were terrible. But then I loved them on main a couple of years later

Bullet for my Valentine at slam dunk 2019 was appalling and had a completely unnecessary 5 minute drum solo. Moby Dick is the only acceptable lengthy drum solo

Megadeth at sonisphere 2011. Doesn't help that I don't like their music but they were boring as sin

The Strokes at reading 2011. Left after a couple of songs

The 2nd half of Craig David at Glastonbury 2017. This was so bad because he started so well, went into a DJ set and ruined the whole thing. I mainly found it extremely frustrating

Noels band (flying birds?) Glasto 2013 opening the other. So so so boring

Pharell Williams Glasto 2015. My entire group thought this was unbearable and one regards it as the worst set he's ever seen

On 10/10/2019 at 10:21 PM, zeppelin said:

Err off the top of my head from Glastonbury:

- Foals on the Other Stage 

- Jack White subbing the Pyramid 

- Gorrilaz headlining 

Not at Glastonbury:

- Kanye at Big Chill. Not that I needed another reason to dislike the guy. A shame because his early stuff was so good! 

Kanye at big chill was one of the best things I've ever seen with my eyes! MBDTF (aka one of the greatest albums ever made) live?! Ballet dancers?! A never ending intro into Runaway?! A classic Kanye rant about Hitler!? 

I cant understand what isn't to love about that set. Unless you aren't a Kanye Stan and reading this back I can see you said you liked his earlier stuff. People would kill to have seen him do that album live man

Edited by I feel like Pablo

On 10/11/2019 at 12:19 AM, henry bear said:

There’s a difference between an act playing a terrible set, and you personally not liking that act or that performance. The Who in 2015 was in no-way a terrible performance, indeed I thought it was a typically good performance from the band. But ultimately it’s probably not too many people’s idea of a Glastonbury headliner, so they were kinda doomed anyway. 

Dylan on the other hand can be a right train wreck.

Exactly this. Are we doing objectively bad sets or stuff we just aren't into 

8 hours ago, jump said:

Did you actually wait around for her? I accidently saw her on the way to downtown after seeing Prophets Of Rage who were meant to have finished after her. For the few songs she did play she was alright, it was the long 10min monologue in the middle of the set that was really annoying.

8 hours ago, PDAD said:

I gave up after 40 minutes of waiting and headed to Relic for the dut. Did the same for Little Simz the day before too. 

I hate to say it but we were absolutely chopped and really really enjoying her warm up DJ lol. Hip hop singalong!  

Ok @MEGABOWL ,my Band of Horses. PTSD.

Left ELO early to catch Band of Horses, and in my haste i slipped in the mud , went flying head first ,and ended up doing a sort of rugby tackle style fall into a seated girl, the look of sheer disgust on her face was only matched by mine during Band of Horses.

I was so looking forward to it, but I just got the impression that they really didn't want to be there, and just one tune from the brilliant 'Infinite Arms' is just not on.

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Saw The XX at bbc introducing in 2013 and thought they were terrible. But then I loved them on main a couple of years later

Bullet for my Valentine at slam dunk 2019 was appalling and had a completely unnecessary 5 minute drum solo. Moby Dick is the only acceptable lengthy drum solo

Megadeth at sonisphere 2011. Doesn't help that I don't like their music but they were boring as sin

The Strokes at reading 2011. Left after a couple of songs

The 2nd half of Craig David at Glastonbury 2017. This was so bad because he started so well, went into a DJ set and ruined the whole thing. I mainly found it extremely frustrating

Noels band (flying birds?) Glasto 2013 opening the other. So so so boring

Pharell Williams Glasto 2015. My entire group thought this was unbearable and one regards it as the worst set he's ever seen

You're thinking of Beady Eye, who were the remnants of what was left of Oasis, minus Noel.

13 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Ok @MEGABOWL ,my Band of Horses. PTSD.

Left ELO early to catch Band of Horses, and in my haste i slipped in the mud , went flying head first ,and ended up doing a sort of rugby tackle style fall into a seated girl, the look of sheer disgust on her face was only matched by mine during Band of Horses.

I was so looking forward to it, but I just got the impression that they really didn't want to be there, and just one tune from the brilliant 'Infinite Arms' is just not on.

Wow, it’s not just forum goers that got traumatised by that one. ‘Didn’t want to be there’ is how I saw it. A real shame.

It’s been said before, but worth repeating - Rob Stewart’s 2002 headline slot was a shocker. Probably didn’t help that Roger Waters had played a lot of Pink Floyd hits as sub. Rob seemed game and I remember he played plenty of his own hits, but from where I was standing the sound was terrible.
Just watched a few of the songs on youtube from that set and in fairness it’s sounds much better than I remember (not difficult), but if you look at the shots of the crowd they look bored (sorry don’t know how to upload videos)

On 10/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, Beerqueen said:

I saw Band of Horses in 2016.  I had completely forgotten until now that I did and all I can remember about them is that I was there.  Can genuinely not remember what they were like.

Same for The Blossoms (in 2017?).    

Band of horses are bigger than foals

• Like 2