worst ever festival sets

Crazyfool01

Hawkwind - acoustic 2019 - absolutely awful complete with dancing girls

I'm tone deaf, but the rest of my family are pitch perfect - the result is that I can be at gigs and my son/daughter/wife demand that we leave because the singing is soooo bad. Black Sabbath at Download - my son simply couldn't bear being there, he loves the band but Ozzy was so far off and wrecking every song. I thought everything was lovely!!

Edited by hfuhruhurr

7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Libertines at Tramlines were shocking. Could tell Carl was the only one even remotely arsed. Had to actually pull Pete back on for an encore. Felt sorry for him by the end of it but they were garbage. 

I'd managed to block out the 20/25 minutes or so I'd seen of their Pyramid set in 2015 before buggering off to Jamie xx... it wasn't good. 

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shakin' Stevens.

Yep.  Never forget.

17 hours ago, MrHew said:

Seahorses on the Other some time in the late 90s were really awful.

They were awful anytime in the 1990s.

For me it's some gang of shithouse chancers called The Rakes, on the Other in (I think) '09.  Seemingly given a semblance of a career by some tone deaf, coked up fuckwit AnR caught up in the landfill scene, they shamed themselves and everyone who turned up to witness.  I went along with friends of friends but accept my share of the guilt.  They should have hung them from the lighting rig, it would have been far more entertaining.

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

That was an excellent set, the band were tight, in good form and Thoms voice help up pretty well for most of it. If you don't like the band you weren't going to enjoy it anyway.

I disagree his voice sounded strained and not up to standard if I’m honest. That may have been a factor.

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No view on the gig itself but haven't Hawkwind always had dancing girls?

They have, you'd have thought they'd figured it out by now. They also used to have all manner of costumed peeps on stage, I left the acoustic set too soon to find out if they'd turn up too.

15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No view on the gig itself but haven't Hawkwind always had dancing girls?

No. They famously had a naked/near naked Stacia in the early 70’s but in the main over the last 40 odd years they haven’t I believe. Not when I’ve seen them anyway, as I confess I have on a few tours.

I do credit them for much of my love of live gigs, with Lemmy, Stacia and the Space Ritual tour back in the day at the Glasgow Apollo, and what for the time was a stunning light show. 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:34 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Shakin' Stevens.

Haha, christ yes! Playing through his new album to a huge crowd that wanted the singalong oldies. What a complete bellend.

Also, Rod Stewart, just so cringey and cheesy I found myself laugjimng out loud and almost in hysterics.

And I can't believe I'm saying it but Motorhead. One of my all time faves but so sad to see Lemmy quite literally on his way out. I've seen them many times before but this last time brought a tear to the eye. Rip Lem, you lived the life!

• Upvote 1