Message board for ideas on reducing rate of tent abandonment/encouraging recycling

Could we have a separate discussion area with a big link to discuss ideas for how to reduce festival waste, encourage people to take their tents home, make festivals greener etc? I've got about 20 ideas I would like to share and get feedback on (and potentially then send to the organisers/council to try to make them happen). I also want to see other people's ideas. Does such a thing already exist somewhere else?

For me it is mostly about Reading Festival as that is the one nearest me, and the one I went to during the aftermath this year to salvage tents to send to refugees (and please don't be misled on this subject - people volunteer to salvage tents but the number left behind is approximately 100x larger  than the number it is physically possible for us to salvage in the time allowed, with the number of volunteers we have - don't kid yourselves, virtually everything that's left behind goes into landfill/incineration ya filthy animals!) Ideas from/for other festivals are welcome too though.  

Edited by Make Mondays Better
Missed the sentence about other festivals