Proroguing Parliament aregardingt Glastonbury

bamber

On 9/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, eFestivals said:

unlikely.

I believe that Worthy Farm is one of the more-profitable farms in the country, because of the fee the festival pays to use it - so if farms are going to go under, it would one of the last to go.

But even if that happened there's still a profitable festival held on the land, so I wouldn't think anyone would be selling up.

:) 

Reassuring! Thank you :)

55 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When you say 'stand' you don't mean 'stand' - as it were, do you? Please help me. These visual images I've got going on, aren't right. Surely!? 

Oh fuck no.

I'm so sorry for that unintended innuendo. The image that we have witnessed above is damaging enough on its own.

Do not,

I repeat ,

Do not polute your mind with anymore images. Your only human and do have a breaking point.  

I would also like to point out that "breaking point" is not innuendo. Hope that clears it up for you. Calm happy thoughts to you. ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Image result for what has been seen , cannot be unseen.

I'll turn it into my reason for getting spangled. I shall bury these images in the darkest recesses of my mind. File them alongside Cliff Richard lyrics. No wait that won't work. Cliff keeps escaping and annoying me. Fucking mistletoe and whine whine fucking whine. I'll just open another beer. ?

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

I'll turn it into my reason for getting spangled. I shall bury these images in the darkest recesses of my mind. File them alongside Cliff Richard lyrics. No wait that won't work. Cliff keeps escaping and annoying me. Fucking mistletoe and whine whine fucking whine. I'll just open another beer. ?

Please don't start me off on Cliff Richard. You see I too am someone who has suffered, and continues to suffer from his evil output. The man is the anti-Christ incarnate.

I did something a little bit naughty once. Not majorly naughty, just naughty. I accepted an invite to a contractors Christmas party at a hotel. All I had to do was show up, get slaughtered on free drinks and cocaine, and then sleep it off in a hotel room, also paid in full. Where do I sign, i said to myself! Not really, I had a moral dilemma about it for years. Not so now, though.

Anyway, I got spannered drunk and stoned on coke - natch. Then passed out in the hotel room. I got up in the morning for breakfast and there were OAP's fucking everywhere. They were like vermin, only much more pleasant.Turns out that they were from all over the country. They'd all travelled to see Cliff Richard at the NEC, in Birmingham (as it was known then). Fucking barking, I tells ya!

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Please don't start me off on Cliff Richard. You see I too am someone who has suffered, and continues to suffer from his evil output. The man is the anti-Christ incarnate.

I did something a little bit naughty once. Not majorly naughty, just naughty. I accepted an invite to a contractors Christmas party at a hotel. All I had to do was show up, get slaughtered on free drinks and cocaine, and then sleep it off in a hotel room, also paid in full. Where do I sign, i said to myself! Not really, I had a moral dilemma about it for years. Not so now, though.

Anyway, I got spannered drunk and stoned on coke - natch. Then passed out in the hotel room. I got up in the morning for breakfast and there were OAP's fucking everywhere. They were like vermin, only much more pleasant.Turns out that they were from all over the country. They'd all travelled to see Cliff Richard at the NEC, in Birmingham (as it was known then). Fucking barking, I tells ya!

Birmingham is still known as Birmingham.

Another great day for Boris fans.

Imagine spending your life believing you were born to rule, that you would make this Churchillian leader. Then finally, after years of manoeuvring, plotting, backstabbing and general bastardry you finally land the top job... and you realise you are utterly shite at it.

That’s where Boris is right now. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another great day for Boris fans.

Imagine spending your life believing you were born to rule, that you would make this Churchillian leader. Then finally, after years of manoeuvring, plotting, backstabbing and general bastardry you finally land the top job... and you realise you are utterly shite at it.

That’s where Boris is right now. 

whoa!

Don't make the mistake of thinking what's going on isn't also manoevering.

He's gamed all of this. Nothing that's happened so far has been unexpected by him or a surprise to him.

PS: 'Johnson', never 'Boris'.

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

whoa!

He's gamed all of this. Nothing that's happened so far has been unexpected by him or a surprise to him.

If it’s manoeuvring then it’s a hell of a gamble. Basically alienating moderate Tories to go after the rabid “Leave at all costs” crowd. Are there really enough of those idiots to justify such a ploy?

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If it’s manoeuvring then it’s a hell of a gamble. Basically alienating moderate Tories to go after the rabid “Leave at all costs” crowd. Are there really enough of those idiots to justify such a ploy?

polls suggest about 35%. 

35% - and perhaps less (depending how the vote splits) - is all he needs to claim a valid mandate for a no-deal brexit via a parliamentary majority.

He very definitely isn't going to do better by leaving the Brexit Party in play by being wishy-washy about brexit. 

And anyway, May has already shown what happens if you're (from a Farage perspective) wishy-washy about brexit.

Going no-deal was his only option, and he'll be playing it for all it's worth.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

whoa!

You think he expected to lose his majority, planned to lose the vote to control the commons, planned to have the bill preventing no deal pass, and planned to lose the vote to call an election?

(Biggest surprise in all of this: the fixed term parliament act actually doing something significant)

I think he had a plan, for sure, and now is seeing it fall apart in front of him. As someone on Twitter put it, he's playing one-dimensional chess.

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You think he expected to lose his majority

yep. Kicking out those 21 wasn't a spur of the moment decision.

planned to lose the vote to control the commons

not 'planned', just knew that he would.

planned to have the bill preventing no deal pass,

and planned to lose the vote to call an election?

I think he had a plan, for sure, and now is seeing it fall apart in front of him. As someone on Twitter put it, he's playing one-dimensional chess.

He knew he couldn't force thru no deal, and he knew an election was where things end.

Do you think he's gone thru all of this without doing a deal with Farage before any of this started? (Farage has just said they'll work together).

Johnson has gamed all possibilities. That doesn't mean he'll win, but it does mean he's giving himself the best chance.

Edited by eFestivals