Proroguing Parliament aregardingt Glastonbury

bamber

A bit like how there's quite a lot of politics at Glastonbury, that you can chose to avoid by going to different stages, you can also perfectly ignore the politics on this Glastonbury forum, simply by staying out of threads that are literally titled* something to do with politics.

* albeit with an incomprehensible typo

Brexit and Glastonbury will always be linked, in my mind, because of the day of the referendum result. And also, as I mentioned, Glastonbury is quite a political festival.

Personally I hope Johnson's plan fails, and the catastrophe of no-deal is averted. I also hope Brexit is averted completely, but I'm less optimistic on that.

11 minutes ago, uscore said:

A bit like how there's quite a lot of politics at Glastonbury, that you can chose to avoid by going to different stages, you can also perfectly ignore the politics on this Glastonbury forum, simply by staying out of threads that are literally titled* something to do with politics.

* albeit with an incomprehensible typo

That was the problem, I was suckered in by intrigue due to the title. Otherwise I could have avoided. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So cash for education , more policemen, health spending increased, public service wages up, 

and now, Johnson takes delivery through the front door of no. 10 ,in full view of the media,  a sad wee dog in a cage

call me a cynic but anyone think he’s preparing for a general election? 

They’re going to sacrifice that dog at the stroke of midnight.

It might affect the festival. The festival is on a farm. Many farmers are getting worried about what would happen to them during a No Deal Brexshit. So if Worthy Farm was affected, would this in turn affect the festival? 

18 minutes ago, sime said:

It might affect the festival. The festival is on a farm. Many farmers are getting worried about what would happen to them during a No Deal Brexshit. So if Worthy Farm was affected, would this in turn affect the festival? 

unlikely.

I believe that Worthy Farm is one of the more-profitable farms in the country, because of the fee the festival pays to use it - so if farms are going to go under, it would one of the last to go.

But even if that happened there's still a profitable festival held on the land, so I wouldn't think anyone would be selling up.

:) 

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

unlikely.

I believe that Worthy Farm is one of the more-profitable farms in the country, because of the fee the festival pays to use it - so if farms are going to go under, it would one of the last to go.

But even if that happened there's still a profitable festival held on the land, so I wouldn't think anyone would be selling up.

:) 

Pilton Party money goes to the village though doesn't it ? :) 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So cash for education , more policemen, health spending increased, public service wages up, 

and now, Johnson takes delivery through the front door of no. 10 ,in full view of the media,  a sad wee dog in a cage

The majority of what we are seeing is likely not led by Boris, he couldn't organise a birthday party nevermind a political one.

We are now all part of Dominic Cummings social/political petri dish

The guy thinks he's a genius and may not even agree with the outcomes but finds it fun playing his big version of Sim City

5 minutes ago, not worthy said:

The majority of what we are seeing is likely not led by Boris, he couldn't organise a birthday party nevermind a political one.

We are now all part of Dominic Cummings social/political petri dish

The guy thinks he's a genius and may not even agree with the outcomes but finds it fun playing his big version of Sim City

Cummings is a prick, probably sits every night arousing himself  watching Malcolm tucker in the thick of it 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im not sure what is good at the moment ? a GE looks likely but surely that will give Boris a stronger mandate for fucking us up more ... there isn't any way JC could get labour  in power is there ? (apart from resigning ) 

He needs to go and if he doesn’t the party members need to dump him along with all the other leavers and form a remain coalition with libs dems and anyone else who wants in. Then run on a remain ticket. Or at least “vote for us, we’ll renegotiate the withdrawal agreement and put it to the people in a legally binding referendum option 1: we stay option 2: we leave on this date via this agreement”. Basically what may should have done ages ago.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Completely unrealistic promises for education too - as per the norm - can see an election looming.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:52 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

I have another worry. This whole Brexit thing has resurrected the independence debate in Scotland. I had hoped that issue was dead and buried. Now we have the prospect of yet  another divisive vote up here. Johnson being pm isn’t helping. This country, the UK, for all it’s faults, is better together. Brexit could spell the end of the Union. God forbid that. I love the sense of camaraderie that exists at Glastonbury. This Brexit divides people , it’s horrible"  

TBF the Scots helped put Boris in charge when they started voting Tory last time out, they need to geit their teeth and grind through as part of their responsibility for putting him there just like the rest of us have to.

I'm in Bangkok with MrsP....we get on sky train from airport yesterday and the first, the very first, Thai chap that speaks to us asks where we are from....'UK' we say....he laughs...says 'Blexit!'....then laughs again.

Whether a Leaver or a Remainer we are the embarrassment of the world.  Shameful.

11 hours ago, Madyaker said:

He needs to go and if he doesn’t the party members need to dump him along with all the other leavers and form a remain coalition with libs dems and anyone else who wants in. Then run on a remain ticket. Or at least “vote for us, we’ll renegotiate the withdrawal agreement and put it to the people in a legally binding referendum option 1: we stay option 2: we leave on this date via this agreement”. Basically what may should have done ages ago.

Isn't that what Corbyn has been saying for a while now?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, chatty said:

TBF the Scots helped put Boris in charge when they started voting Tory last time out, they need to geit their teeth and grind through as part of their responsibility for putting him there just like the rest of us have to.

True, but many up here are beginning to use tactical voting to save the union.  If it means voting Tory or labour or Lib Dem, whoever has the best chance, to keep out a nationalist then that’s how they vote. There is still a majority wanting the union but the first past the post system, as usual, creates problems.

I liked how it was shown as breaking news on the bbc yesterday.  Boris has got a puppy now. How can you hate him?  He has a new best friend.   "I'm really looking forwards to meeting him, to look into those adorable eyes, to spend time together, despite how he's likely to shit over everything."  SAID THE PUPPY. etc.