Proroguing Parliament aregardingt Glastonbury

bamber

Where are we on this?

I've reached the point where I think that the Leavers need to own and complete their (non-existent) plan.

I look forward to looking leavers I know in the eye an demanding "Take personal responsibility!"

I honestly hope I'm wrong about this.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 1

Sorry fellas we didn’t vote for a no deal Brexit. A no deal Brexit was never put to the people and Boris Johnson has made the decision to hurtle us towards one. Every Tory prime minister since Cameron has had at least one gamble that fucks everything up. This is Boris’s gamble and we need to stop it.

support Gina Miller.

15 minutes ago, bamber said:

Where are we on this?

I've reached the point where I think that the Leavers need to own and complete their (non-existent) plan.

I look forward to looking leavers I know in the eye an demanding "Take personal responsibility!"

I honestly hope I'm wrong about this.

13 minutes ago, bamber said:

aregardingt is not a word

Bit early to be drinking? 

• Like 1

Hard Brexit (no CU and outside the SM), or better yet no-deal Brexit will prove that it was a bait-and-switch scam all along. 

The only solace in an entirely despairing outlook will be rejoining without any opt-outs, including schengen and the single currency, and seeing the reaction of the Farage. 

Edited by majormajormajor

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry fellas we didn’t vote for a no deal Brexit. A no deal Brexit was never put to the people and Boris Johnson has made the decision to hurtle us towards one. Every Tory prime minister since Cameron has had at least one gamble that fucks everything up. This is Boris’s gamble and we need to stop it.

support Gina Miller.

I think you'll find that the majority of leavers didn't vote to leave 'just a little bit'  just as remainers didn't vote to stay and accept all the other things the EU would like to introduce in the future.

Anyway, as there isn't any link to the festival, should this not be in the discussions forum?

Edited by Ommadawn

Just now, Ommadawn said:

I think you'll find that the majority of leavers didn't vote to leave 'just a little bit'  just as remainers didn't vote to stay and accept all the other things the EU would like to introduce.

Leaving without a deal (a political gamble which will hurt the ordinary man) was never put to the people.

2 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Hard Brexit (no CU and outside the SM), or better yet no-deal Brexit will prove that it was a bait-and-switch scam all along. 

The only solace in an entirely despairing outlook will be rejoining without any opt-outs, including schengen and the single currency, and seeing the reaction of the Farage. 

You might want to wait a few years before trying that. The EU isn't exactly overflowing with goodwill when it comes to the UK thanks to the way your government has behaved over the last 3 years. If the UK does indeed leave I for one would be reluctant to allow the UK to rejoin considering all that has happened and I think many many european voters would feel the same and would make those feelings known in european and domestic elections.

Edited by Madyaker

I have another worry. This whole Brexit thing has resurrected the independence debate in Scotland. I had hoped that issue was dead and buried. Now we have the prospect of yet  another divisive vote up here. Johnson being pm isn’t helping. This country, the UK, for all it’s faults, is better together. Brexit could spell the end of the Union. God forbid that. I love the sense of camaraderie that exists at Glastonbury. This Brexit divides people , it’s horrible"  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

What will the brexit party and the ERG headbangers do after brexit. Getting the UK out of the EU is the reason they exist so whats their plan for a continued political career after their reason for existing vanishes?

Next making sure that there are less foreigners working in Britain so they’l probably start the deportation party next.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

What will the brexit party and the ERG headbangers do after brexit. Getting the UK out of the EU is the reason they exist so whats their plan for a continued political career after their reason for existing vanishes?

Making sure they are no illagel migrants

19 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I think you'll find that the majority of leavers didn't vote to leave 'just a little bit'

and yet the leave campaign were saying exactly that.

Me, I reckon there was a reason why they chose to lie and others now pretend with another lie that's what people voted for.

How about you? ;) 

Edited by eFestivals