TOOL

jparx

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

£90 a pop apparently 

I thought that would be the case. Great price if you're in the front few rows, but stuck at the back of the NEC....?

I'd easily spend that if it was standing on the floor, but it being all seated does give me pause to consider. I can't bear all-seated gigs, it really sucks the atmosphere out of it. And I'm not inclined to pay much, knowing that I'm going to be so far back. At least with GA, you can get to the front if you get there early.

I just don't get why artists, especially metal bands would choose this. Can they make more money by going all seats?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah all sitting for a metal gig is fucking shite. I know Tool aren’t exactly a wall of death, circle pit kind of metal act, but still, the idea of people just sitting in the front row looking up at them, bobbing their heads and tapping their shins is hilarious. 

And no phones allowed.

Fan club sale is the only way to get in first and itll cost you more.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah all sitting for a metal gig is fucking shite. I know Tool aren’t exactly a wall of death, circle pit kind of metal act, but still, the idea of people just sitting in the front row looking up at them, bobbing their heads and tapping their shins is hilarious. 

All seating definitely sucks, people should have the choice for sure, but I've seen TOOL twice with seated tickets and it was a pretty incredible show both times. Better than the time I saw them standing in fact. Accept it's not for everybody though.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

As it happens I can’t make these dates but the fact that they’re all seater had made me feel a lot better about missing out.

Its been like that for 15 years so I dont know why its such a big deal. The Lateralus Tour was the last one which had standing on the arena floor 20 years ago. Outside of festivals I have never seen them in a non all seated setting cause there are none to go to.

update for  the uk

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its been like that for 15 years so I dont know why its such a big deal. The Lateralus Tour was the last one which had standing on the arena floor 20 years ago. Outside of festivals I have never seen them in a non all seated setting cause there are none to go to.

update for  the uk

It’s not a big deal, just saying that, as I can’t go, it would have been worse if I couldn’t go to a standing show.

54 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We wouldn’t know that though as they haven’t played a non-Download UK show in decades.

7 hours ago, foofajter said:

Does anyone have a presale code for Prague and Budapest? Or it is only possible to buy through Tool army page?

Tool army is the only way outside of those O2 presales it seems. 

50 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How much are they? 

Tool army packages are $300 - $500 usd. If changed into gbp, dont know.

if its regarding regular ticket prices  Im assuming its similar to over here and would be £60 - £150.

• Upvote 1