TOOL

jparx

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

It‘s pretty late for a spring tour announcement. So I say, it‘s true.

Not really for them. They know their gigs will sell out, so 3 months advance announcement is pretty generous for Europe. They put tickets onsale a month before their fall U.S. leg and sold em out over a weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, everest said:

Puscifer 2021 world tour confirmed.

So we won't see Tool for another 10 years :D

So 1 UK show in a decade and that's it? 

I've been a massive fan for almost two decades and defended their idiosyncratic style time and again, but I'm starting to lose my passion for them. I get the sense they're not that arsed about the band anymore and the album was released just to draw a line under it. Which is a shame given how great the record was. Compare to Radiohead, a band with similar idiosyncrasies, and it's clear one really values their fans and the other doesn't.

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

I've been a massive fan for almost two decades and defended their idiosyncratic style time and again, but I'm starting to lose my passion for them. I get the sense they're not that arsed about the band anymore and the album was released just to draw a line under it. Which is a shame given how great the record was. Compare to Radiohead, a band with similar idiosyncrasies, and it's clear one really values their fans and the other doesn't.

Yes, they don’t give a shit about the U.K. / Europe. Genuinely. It’s not a negative dig but they are an unequivocal US centric band. They only play shows in the US because they get bigger bookings there.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I saw APC the December before last and would say it’s nothing to do with Maynard. He likes to be publicly elusive, so I guess it’s other elements of Tool that aren’t playing ball. And I get the comparison with Radiohead to a degree, but Radiohead are just completely normal guys and they get on stage like normal guys. Tool have a thing of superiority which means they are like they are.

36 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I wonder which members it is that fuck about a lot, given that Maynard has always been pretty productive in all his other bands.

Always just assumed the enormity and expectations surrounding them have lead to the long delays between albums and tours more than anything. When a lot of bands reach a certain level of fame their output slows dramatically - Tool just take that to the extreme. Maynard having so many other projects probably doesn’t help him have much time for Tool either, and I imagine Tool is a paycheck for a lot of them whilst the other projects are what they actually want to be doing.

9 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I wonder which members it is that fuck about a lot, given that Maynard has always been pretty productive in all his other bands.

Maynard is the one that prevented this album from coming out for so long. He never got into the right headspace to write lyrics. The music had been done for a long while, its just the one person you think is not fucking about, actually is, with all of his other projects and a winery. 

and yeah, Tool likely wont tour til maybe 2023 I figure. They were slated to have some other summer shows and then probably Europe. 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:27 AM, jparx said:

Tool notoriously hate their fans, this is no secret.

If that's your lot for the unforseeable future then so be it. I'm glad I had the privilege of witnessing that magnificent Download set, one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Edited by VCK

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hahaha that time when that guy recalled his experience with MJK basically being ”you’ve seen us 40 times? That’s too much man. Anyway, got any female friends? It’s for anal”.

MJK has been begging his fans to hate tool for years now. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:27 AM, jparx said:

Try being a Phish fan. I'm a Tool fan too. It's not fair.

I was really excited to see Tool play tour dates in UK this/next year, gutted they arent. They dont care at all. Really glad I saw them at Download, that was one of my favourite gigs and for them to now not perform for lets be honest at least another decade is shit. Puscifer are good tho, hopefully they do some UK gigs.

• 1 month later...