Ticket Secrets!

Las17296

49 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

When I had newbie friends try for the first time they were very much as dedicated as we were though

yep, some will be - but they'll class as the dedicated within what I said.

There'll also be a number of more-casual newbies, who'll try a few times and give up.

I don't have a problem with newbies getting tickets - we were all newbies once ourselves - but I'm less keen for the casuals to have equal chance to the dedicated.

(to be clear, I'd actually like some of the casuals to get tickets - and some do with the current system. I just don't think that all of those who aren't too bothered should have equal chance with all of those who very keen to go.)

Edited by eFestivals

The only change to the current system I`d like to see would be a drop from 6 tics at a time to 4, yes it would take longer to sell out but that would mean more chance for the dedicated to get in. It does bug me when I hear of people who will only go if so and so also gets a ticket. actually I personally would be happy for it to be just 1 tic at a time but understand that family's need the option of getting a group.

perhaps a pre-sale of say 30,000 tics 1 per booking. :) i`d happily go on my own :)   

The current system is pretty near as good as it can get. It's got luck and dedication involved.

I think the coach thing could be improved - the daftness that is people having to drive further away from the festival to get a coach seems silly. If there was a way to smooth that out so that coaches served the ticket sales locations rather than the other way around, would be cool.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

The only change to the current system I`d like to see would be a drop from 6 tics at a time to 4, yes it would take longer to sell out but that would mean more chance for the dedicated to get in. It does bug me when I hear of people who will only go if so and so also gets a ticket. actually I personally would be happy for it to be just 1 tic at a time but understand that family's need the option of getting a group.

perhaps a pre-sale of say 30,000 tics 1 per booking. :) i`d happily go on my own :)   

I remember a year, possibly 2009/10? when it was 4 per person, or even 2 at a time, but that may have been a resale.

Just found it via "thethingy", it was 2009 https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/08/080730b.shtml and it was 4 per person. First year of deposit scheme. Not clear, but I think that may have been when the resale was 2 each.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:54 PM, eFestivals said:

if that system was used for Glastonbury, everyone would have only one-chance of getting a ticket - you'd either be in the queue early enough to get tickets, or you wouldn't.

It's certainly one way of doing it, but it gives the not-much-bothered buyers equal opportunity with those who are desperate to go - and surely having built up the sort of loyalty there is for glasto, you wouldn't want to make the keen equal with the not-much-bothered?

I think the system as it is now is a little too slanted towards newbies (and has been since they quickened the sale time), but the general idea of not making it too easy to reward the harder-try-ers is about right.

Could'nt agree more.  

I reckon 4 tickets max per booking would be a good compromise. A lot of seasoned long term glasto goers are couples and don’t have the advantage of group bookings.  

The problem is that every year that passes more newbies join the race for tickets whilst at the other end of the spectrum a lot less folk think their time is up! Result is that more and more folk are scrambling for tickets. I’ve been lucky recently but have a sense of doom and gloom this year. Having said that we’ve booked a hotel for a few days pre festival so no matter what I will be in the area! 

3 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

I stand to be corrected but did not the present system originally have a 4 person max? 

On 8/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, crazyfool1 said:

They do monitor it yes and Emily said that they would be talking to SEE about the issues with the system kicking people out at problems at the payment stage ... im sure they have a better way of checking than trying for tickets themselves ? :) 

Yep - this affected me last year. Luckily a friend got through for me in our first batch of 6. I was trying for the last 2 in our group - so frustrating getting through to payment page, then the transaction won't progress.

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I reckon 4 tickets max per booking would be a good compromise. A lot of seasoned long term glasto goers are couples and don’t have the advantage of group bookings.  

Then buddy up with another couple or two? It's how we do it. If you've been going to the festival that long, presumably you've spoken to some other people who go at some point?

23 hours ago, UEF said:

1) Have a big group

2) Everyone needs to be trying REGULARLY, not every 10 mins!

3) Be in Merseyside

Seems to do the trick! ;) 

There has got to be something in this :lol:

I'm now almost convinced that there entire population of Liverpool has a secret Facebook page where they are all trying for each other!

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

There has got to be something in this :lol:

I'm now almost convinced that there entire population of Liverpool has a secret Facebook page where they are all trying for each other!

not really ... its just the accent is distinctive and its assumed that all of Liverpool is at the festival therefore ....

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

not really ... its just the accent is distinctive and its assumed that all of Liverpool is at the festival therefore ....

Haha yeah I know. Although I do feel there are a lot of Scousers there. The manc/Welsh/Scottish accent is probably just as distinctive and I definitely hear less of them.

Fine with me though...Scouse humour is class!

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Haha yeah I know. Although I do feel there are a lot of Scousers there. The manc/Welsh/Scottish accent is probably just as distinctive and I definitely hear less of them.

Fine with me though...Scouse humour is class!

Think we might be in trouble on here if it wasn't :) ... my somerset accent doesn't exist fortunately .... well that's what I tell myself but its not as strong as my friends ... 

• Upvote 1