Ticket Secrets!

Las17296

7 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

seem to remember reading / watching something where she mentioned they try for tickets on the day as well to see how its working

They do monitor it yes and Emily said that they would be talking to SEE about the issues with the system kicking people out at problems at the payment stage ... im sure they have a better way of checking than trying for tickets themselves ? :) 

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

They do monitor it yes and Emily said that they would be talking to SEE about the issues with the system kicking people out at problems at the payment stage ... im sure they have a better way of checking than trying for tickets themselves ? :) 

Didn't someone of the festival team say they tried for tickets whilst actually say underneath the Pyramid stage? I'm sure I read that. 

The key is to get really drunk celebrating your spouse’s birthday the night before, roll in at about 5am after going to the only bar in town that is open til 4, have three hours sleep and then stumble out of bed to the sofa where everything is already set up (because sober you was sensible enough to do it before you went out last night), randomly press f5 on every device you own until the page appears, then attempt to type in registration numbers whilst listening to your husband vomiting in the kitchen sink. 

Its a tried and tested method that has worked for us several times, to the point where we are now convinced that if we were ever not severely hungover on the first Sunday in October that we wouldn’t be successful!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

The key is to get really drunk celebrating your spouse’s birthday the night before, roll in at about 5am after going to the only bar in town that is open til 4, have three hours sleep and then stumble out of bed to the sofa where everything is already set up (because sober you was sensible enough to do it before you went out last night), randomly press f5 on every device you own until the page appears, then attempt to type in registration numbers whilst listening to your husband vomiting in the kitchen sink. 

Its a tried and tested method that has worked for us several times, to the point where we are now convinced that if we were ever not severely hungover on the first Sunday in October that we wouldn’t be successful!

I mean the specifics are a little different but every ticket I've bought since 2014 has been hungover. Except maybe 2015 when I woke up at 1pm fuming I'd missed the sale, only to unlock my phone and see the booking confirmed page and realise I'd done it in a drunken state and gone back to sleep.

So it's not a secret but jo is right that booze is the only solution. 

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if that system was used for Glastonbury, everyone would have only one-chance of getting a ticket - you'd either be in the queue early enough to get tickets, or you wouldn't.

It's certainly one way of doing it, but it gives the not-much-bothered buyers equal opportunity with those who are desperate to go - and surely having built up the sort of loyalty there is for glasto, you wouldn't want to make the keen equal with the not-much-bothered?

I think the system as it is now is a little too slanted towards newbies (and has been since they quickened the sale time), but the general idea of not making it too easy to reward the harder-try-ers is about right.

How is it slanted towards newbies? Don't they have the same chance as anyone else?

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

I mean the specifics are a little different but every ticket I've bought since 2014 has been hungover. Except maybe 2015 when I woke up at 1pm fuming I'd missed the sale, only to unlock my phone and see the booking confirmed page and realise I'd done it in a drunken state and gone back to sleep.

So it's not a secret but jo is right that booze is the only solution. 

Yep I have to be hungover and in bed, otherwise I've jinxed it and wont get tickets!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Beergander said:

The Glastonbury ticket lottery has got to be the worst system out there. But I guess there is zero incentive to improve it when you know you can sell 140k tickets @ £250 within 30 mins.

I'd like to see EM try to get a ticket to feel the frustration (And Zoe Ball for that matter as she's constantly gobbing off about going).

When I tried for tickets for Fleetwood mac this year they placed you in a queue and you could see your position, there was no point in refreshing, you just waited and hoped. But it meant it was a proper queue. And we all know how us Brits love a queue ;)  

It isn't perfect but I wouldn't like to see a queue system like that. If they could solve the issues with the payment page timing out or crashing on people then I think that would be about as good as it can get. Every year you hear about people putting in the card details after putting in reg numbers and everything, then the server takes a shit and they're back on the holding page. That should never happen, if you make it to the payment you should get your tickets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Got kicked out at the payment stage for 2017. I was distraught and felt awful .  Thought about it almost everyday during the bleak winter. Luckily I managed to get tickets in the resale. The sense of euphoria followed by desolation getting onto the site only to be denied at the last moment was sickening. 

43 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got kicked out at the payment stage for 2017. I was distraught and felt awful .  Thought about it almost everyday during the bleak winter. Luckily I managed to get tickets in the resale. The sense of euphoria followed by desolation getting onto the site only to be denied at the last moment was sickening. 

Let’s hope that that’s fixed and the visit to Pilton Party is the first of 2 /3 to the farm in the next 298 days 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Can I come to your next party?

I've just started re-using an old Laptop. I have two HP Laptops around the same age. I have bought Glasto tickets on both. It's just that last sale day, I failed in the ticket sale.  I've concluded that, that, Laptop is now over the hill. So I'm now using this Laptop. The one I am now on; the one slightly older than the last one.

I've plugged in to all the update opportunities I can. So my computer is downloading all the time and will hopefully be a fast and efficient; modernised, mean machine, in time for the ticket sale. Recently I've downloaded Google Chrome. I have got Firefox but it keeps getting trovi problems and stuff. I seem to remember Google Chrome being pretty sound where ticket sales are concerned; has anyone got any objections to this browser being the best choice or does anyone have alternative suggestions for a, ticket sale, browser? ?

35 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I've just started re-using an old Laptop. I have two HP Laptops around the same age. I have bought Glasto tickets on both. It's just that last sale day, I failed in the ticket sale.  I've concluded that, that, Laptop is now over the hill. So I'm now using this Laptop. The one I am now on; the one slightly older than the last one.

I've plugged in to all the update opportunities I can. So my computer is downloading all the time and will hopefully be a fast and efficient; modernised, mean machine, in time for the ticket sale. Recently I've downloaded Google Chrome. I have got Firefox but it keeps getting trovi problems and stuff. I seem to remember Google Chrome being pretty sound where ticket sales are concerned; has anyone got any objections to this browser being the best choice or does anyone have alternative suggestions for a, ticket sale, browser? ?

I don’t believe we have ever discovered a better browser ... just use one you are comfortable with ... and any updates are done the night before ... I use safari and have the details saved on a shortcut but that’s just my preference 

I used to use Google Chrome all the time, in the early days. I remember the 2013 and 2014 ticket sales. People would put polls about what browser they used and mine would be Google Chrome. I seem to remember having some sort of Google chrome browser with a Firefox search engine. Even so, ticket success was always concluded, from  the fact that everything was ploughed, somehow, through Google Chrome.

Then, one year, I bought the Laptop I've just stopped using. It used Microsoft Edge. I tried it on the Sunday and it even got through prior to the sale. There was a little window saying, ticket's weren't on sale yet!!!! This window was just hanging there at 8.59 over the ticket sale page!!!! But last year it failed completely!

On 8/31/2019 at 4:21 PM, H.M.V said:

I think the only change I would like to see is that if a ticket has already been purchased against a registration number then it automatically deletes it from your booking rather than a mad scramble to redo the form. 

nah, that would be a mad idea - cos it would mean that the people who got themselves on the most ticket-triers lists would be just about guaranteed a ticket to the detriment of everyone else. 

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

currently it's chance mixed with dedication. An only-chance method would see more tickets go to the less-dedicated (who are more likely to be newbies).

Hmm maybe. When I had newbie friends try for the first time they were very much as dedicated as we were though, registering, up early and hammering F5. My first year was 2008 so I didn't have to try! I don't think half an hour on the internet takes that much dedication to be honest. 

Personally I'm glad newbies get the chance. Not directing this at you at all but the entitled attitude of the old school you see sometimes who feel like their huge groups of friends should always get to go no matter what and that they somehow deserve it more.... really grates with me.

Demand outweighs supply so everyone can't always go. And new blood is needed to keep it going and freshen things up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2