Ticket Secrets!

Las17296

1 hour ago, Las17296 said:

I’ve tried this every time, just must be so unlucky but so sceptical that there’s a secret out there...

How many times have you tried?

Have you ever seen a book page?

how many of you tryng for how many tickets?

Its a pure lotterly and luck but the more people and devices you have trying to more chances in the ticket raffle/lottery you have got yourself

Unfortunately there is no secret

1 hour ago, Roger1 said:

Get involved and volunteer! Started 7 years ago and haven't looked back. Fantastic way to experience the festival. 

I know you’ll get talking to loads of people but isn’t there an urge to just wander off in to the madness of the festival? Don’t know if I could help myself.

The Glastonbury ticket lottery has got to be the worst system out there. But I guess there is zero incentive to improve it when you know you can sell 140k tickets @ £250 within 30 mins.

I'd like to see EM try to get a ticket to feel the frustration (And Zoe Ball for that matter as she's constantly gobbing off about going).

When I tried for tickets for Fleetwood mac this year they placed you in a queue and you could see your position, there was no point in refreshing, you just waited and hoped. But it meant it was a proper queue. And we all know how us Brits love a queue ;)  

28 minutes ago, Beergander said:

The Glastonbury ticket lottery has got to be the worst system out there. But I guess there is zero incentive to improve it when you know you can sell 140k tickets @ £250 within 30 mins.

I'd like to see EM try to get a ticket to feel the frustration (And Zoe Ball for that matter as she's constantly gobbing off about going).

When I tried for tickets for Fleetwood mac this year they placed you in a queue and you could see your position, there was no point in refreshing, you just waited and hoped. But it meant it was a proper queue. And we all know how us Brits love a queue ;)  

its not perfect ... but can you imagine getting in the queue at 9am and your place being number 1 million ? There is no really perfect system apart from the one that gets each individual tickets , this system currently rewards persistence , organisation and a big slice of luck ... we have discussed this many times over the years on here and there are negatives to all systems unfortunately 

37 minutes ago, Beergander said:

seem to remember reading / watching something where she mentioned they try for tickets on the day as well to see how its working

44 minutes ago, Beergander said:

When I tried for tickets for Fleetwood mac this year they placed you in a queue and you could see your position

if that system was used for Glastonbury, everyone would have only one-chance of getting a ticket - you'd either be in the queue early enough to get tickets, or you wouldn't.

It's certainly one way of doing it, but it gives the not-much-bothered buyers equal opportunity with those who are desperate to go - and surely having built up the sort of loyalty there is for glasto, you wouldn't want to make the keen equal with the not-much-bothered?

I think the system as it is now is a little too slanted towards newbies (and has been since they quickened the sale time), but the general idea of not making it too easy to reward the harder-try-ers is about right.

Edited by eFestivals