Very Small Festival Recommendations

worthyraver

I was reading the "Similar smaller festival" thread I found some good tips for next year's festival calendar Farmers Phil's for example love the parking next to the tent and this got me thinking.  My favourite festival is a very small festival called Flummoxed about 400 people very relaxed and chilled it is run by a folk band called We Happy Few so maybe similar to Beautiful Days, that said the We Happy Few have stopped headlining their own festival so they can have a few beers lol.

Anyway the point is Flummoxed is taking a year off I am gutted been there 8 years on the spin every year it has been in existance in fact, so does anyone know of any similar very small festivals not really bothered about music type as long as it is friendly and not to big.

Interestingly a friend of a friend was starting a new festival last year called Up//Side\\Down Festival looked awesome everything I described above unfortunately they had to cancel it hopefully that will be back next year.

Thanks in advance people :)

5 hours ago, worthyraver said:

I was reading the "Similar smaller festival" thread I found some good tips for next year's festival calendar Farmers Phil's for example love the parking next to the tent and this got me thinking.  My favourite festival is a very small festival called Flummoxed about 400 people very relaxed and chilled it is run by a folk band called We Happy Few so maybe similar to Beautiful Days, that said the We Happy Few have stopped headlining their own festival so they can have a few beers lol.

Anyway the point is Flummoxed is taking a year off I am gutted been there 8 years on the spin every year it has been in existance in fact, so does anyone know of any similar very small festivals not really bothered about music type as long as it is friendly and not to big.

Interestingly a friend of a friend was starting a new festival last year called Up//Side\\Down Festival looked awesome everything I described above unfortunately they had to cancel it hopefully that will be back next year.

Thanks in advance people :)

It's a real pity about the Upside down festival. It looked like a belter. 

110 Above in the Midlands- I went this year and it was really good. Tiny capacity, really friendly atmosphere, very new indie type bands but some surprisingly well known names for such a small festival. We had Pale Waves, Mystery Jets and Swim Deep headlining.

The best bit is the way they space out the bands, there are 3 stages and you can pretty much see most bands - the main and second stages are 100% no crossover and you can walk between in 2 minutes, and you can guaranteed see headliners on all 3 stages each night as the third stage headliner comes on after the main has finished. 

Decent bar prices too - £3.50 for a lager, £4 for a cider and £4.50 for a pale ale. 

Just dont go if you're allergic to wasps.....

I used to go to Something Else in The Dean, which was a lovely festival till it fell foul of the locals for reasons that I can't understand.  Went once to the Dunny but it's a bit too much of a trek with my caravan.  Lovely old fashioned hippy dippy feel and great compost toilets.  I hope you enjoy and be nice to Gail.