How many times in total have you been to Reading or Leeds?

paul chaos

13 times.  

1989 to 1994 then 2013 to 2019.

Big gap was marriage, children, career and life in general.  Came back when my daughters were old enough to enjoy it with me.

I met a guy there this year that had just done 30 years straight - 1990 to 2019.

Like me, 2019 was his last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Only been twice, Leeds 2018 and 2019, but had an absolute blast both times, made some memories I'll never forget. It's a bit of a shame there seems to be a shift away from rock bands, but I've still seen plenty of bands and artists I've waited years to see, so can't really complain I guess.

Out of the two festivals, 2018 was probably my favourite. 2014's lineup makes me envious though, would have loved to have went to that one.

Only went twice to the full festival with camping at Reading in 1995 & 1996.

On reflection, I wish I had gone a few more times as I have missed some cracking lineups over the years. These days in my old dotage, I prefer to sleep in a hotel and go to the festival to watch the acts and not spend all night drinking and listening to techno. 

These days the Reading lineups don't really do anything for me. There are always plenty of bands I want to see but also plenty of artists that don't interest me. The mix of genres frankly does not appeal and the thought of the full festival is a bit daunting now. The odd day ticket is still an option. 

I do enjoy going over the Reading/Leeds line up threads even if I dislike a lot of the artists people are hoping will play. I also doubt many would like the lineup I would want to go back to a full Reading Festival. I'm hoping, you all get the artists you want in 2020 but it will be another year I don't go as off to Victorious.

This will be my 18th year in a row 

As a rock/metal/punk fan it’s getting harder and harder to justify going but I always have a great time when I’m there.

Many more days like Saturday of 2019 and my run will come to an end, though ironically the Sunday of 2019 was one of the best ever lineups for me personally.

Edited by rivalschools.price

07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

so 11 for me 16 was the last decent all round line up, glory years for me would obvs be 09-14 in terms of best line ups 17 and 18 is where I feel it’s started to go downhill for me so missed 19! Hoping for a good line up this year to pull me back in and take me back to my favourite festival bar glasto!