How many times in total have you been to Reading or Leeds?

paul chaos

9 minutes ago, griff said:

Did 2001-2016 then 2018 and 19

Wow ok.

Is that all Leeds fest, including at Temple Newsham?

What happened to 2017?

You must feel old now when you go a bit like me lol, i swear alot of the crowd look so young it must be their first festival!

Edited by paul chaos

4 minutes ago, paul chaos said:

Wow ok.

Is that all Leeds fest, including at Temple Newsham?

What happened to 2017?

You must feel old now when you go a bit like me lol, i swear alot of the crowd look so young it must be their first festival!

It's not every Leeds, think I missed 2 or 3 at the start. Missed 2017 as there was nothing on the lineup that made me want a ticket, and was going to have to end the run at some point. Last couple of years have dragged me back in though. 

11 minutes ago, Dukey said:

This was my 15th Leeds Fest.

Did 2003-2004 and then 2006, 2008 and 2009 for a day and then 2010 onwards for the weekend. 

? that's awesome we have both been 15 TIMES to leeds fest!

what is it that's so addictive about it? I must admit the setting is a draw for me, love being out in the 'countryside' and away from it all as much as anything else! 

This year The 1975 were quite a highlight.

Edited by paul chaos

26 times to Reading but never as a ticket holder

The WBC was unwilling to agree a contract for Reading and Leeds 2015 over various issues hence why they don't run the bars any longer.

The very last shot of the crew camp site in 2014 - I would have made it more interesting if I had been aware that we would not be back in 2015.

2014-8.thumb.jpg.8a1c618078734d1af984b568d16399fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, paul chaos said:

Did you find it had changed much since 2015?

This only relates to Reading.
- Can't comment on the camping side of things as I didn't camp this year and only went on the Sunday however I felt the crowd were alot more friendly and tolerable than what they were like from around 2013-2015 as we ran into alot of dickheads. So this encouraged me to think about going in the future as this and the lineup were the reasons I became disinterested.
- Thought the water queuing and toilets were much improved too.
- Still a very young crowd and the food is still awful.  

1 hour ago, paul chaos said:

? that's awesome we have both been 15 TIMES to leeds fest!

what is it that's so addictive about it? I must admit the setting is a draw for me, love being out in the 'countryside' and away from it all as much as anything else! 

This year The 1975 were quite a highlight.

I was 9 when I first went with my Dad and we still go together now! Force of habit, we just can't miss it. The 1975 were one of the best headliners I've seen there and that says a lot about how good they were! 

• Upvote 1

2007 to 2016 in a row for me, then 2 years off due to not liking the line up, and back this year for no 11. 

Line up would have to be good on the rock/metal side of things for me to get back for no 12.  Would love it if they sort out the lock up/Pit instead of the half-hearted attempt this year.  

9 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

2007 to 2016 in a row for me, then 2 years off due to not liking the line up, and back this year for no 11. 

Line up would have to be good on the rock/metal side of things for me to get back for no 12.  Would love it if they sort out the lock up/Pit instead of the half-hearted attempt this year.  

Yeah, the half hearted attempt at the Pit is giving me serious doubts about getting a weekend ticket for next year.

Had a great time but the lack of bands I wanted to see on Saturday reduced the value of the ticket for me, left at about 9.45pm on Saturday after seeing three or four half hour sets by Shikari acoustic, half of Bad Nerves, Dinosaur Pile up and Of Mice and Men (and three of those were last minute replacements and a secret set)

this year was my 8th year, my first was 2011 at age 16, I missed 2012 (didn't want to just couldn't afford it at the time), and have been every year since

2015 stands out as one of my favourite years, and any year Crossfaith has played as they're my favourite band and their set in 2013 was how I discovered them

I'd like to be able to make it to ten times attending the festival but this years line up was definitely the weakest it's been for me since at least 2010 (another year I wanted to go to but couldn't) so we'll see what next year brings as to wether I'll be making it to 9 times

18 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, the half hearted attempt at the Pit is giving me serious doubts about getting a weekend ticket for next year.

Had a great time but the lack of bands I wanted to see on Saturday reduced the value of the ticket for me, left at about 9.45pm on Saturday after seeing three or four half hour sets by Shikari acoustic, half of Bad Nerves, Dinosaur Pile up and Of Mice and Men (and three of those were last minute replacements and a secret set)

Also made no sense shutting the stage earlier on two of the days, ADTR clashing with Enter Shikari /and Ghostemane clashing with Twenty One Pilots, plus also Pup vs Royal Blood. I know you get these clashes all the time, but given there was only 8/9 bands on each day, it was really annoying to me. 

17 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Also made no sense shutting the stage earlier on two of the days, ADTR clashing with Enter Shikari /and Ghostemane clashing with Twenty One Pilots, plus also Pup vs Royal Blood. I know you get these clashes all the time, but given there was only 8/9 bands on each day, it was really annoying to me. 

Yeah, with the lack of bands on each day in the Pit the least they could have done was not clash any of them with the rock band/s on the main stage.