100 Tents For Hire Around Glastonbury-On-Sea in 2020

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Would like to know the costs. I may be pessimistic but could this end up being over priced elitism. Hope I'm wrong. ? 

I shall trust in Joe, if he's involved in this idea. ?

Guessing they will be a similar price to Worthy View, would be weird if they are more expensive. 

Charm x

Just now, Charm said:

Guessing they will be a similar price to Worthy View, would be weird if they are more expensive. 

Charm x

I reckon they should to be cheaper as they wouldn't (I'm guessing) have the same facilities, near by car parking, showers etc.

I'm not hopeful.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I reckon they should to be cheaper as they wouldn't (I'm guessing) have the same facilities, near by car parking, showers etc.

I'm not hopeful.

Hope so, would be sad to see them at silly prices, Camplight was £160 for a 4 man which I think is pretty fair. 

Charm x

57 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

can't be the same as worthy view as no facilities.

Unless they are some how connected to the Tipi field 

Would love to get one but will settle for a ticket and a bedroll under a bush!

A bedroll.? I thought the bush alone was glamping. Ticket is the only necessity. The rest just happens. ?

36 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Am I missing something, isn't this basically just Camplight again?

Knowing Michael (or at least his usual bluster), someone has probably just said "let's put them around G-O-S and make them the same colours", and it'll be little more than that....

Come to think of it, it might actually *be* Camplight, but with newly bought white & blue tents instead of their previous method of reusing abandoned tents. This tweet from July might refer to a proposal to do just that at Glastonbury.

32 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Come to think of it, it might actually *be* Camplight, but with newly bought white & blue tents instead of their previous method of reusing abandoned tents. This tweet from July might refer to a proposal to do just that at Glastonbury.

Good spot!

7 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Am I missing something, isn't this basically just Camplight again?

Knowing Michael (or at least his usual bluster), someone has probably just said "let's put them around G-O-S and make them the same colours", and it'll be little more than that....

Isn't it more like Worthy View moving into the main site than Camplight? Camplight looked like the rest of the festival and this wont. I fucking hate the idea to be honest.

imagine if all the camping was separated in to pitches., and you arranged your pitch in advance. you had to stay within the pitch. your name is taken for it. you can either take your own tent to the pitch, or arrange for on to be pitched.

you don't take your tent home, they know who you are 

(can't think of an ideal work around for camping in groups)

9 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

imagine if all the camping was separated in to pitches., and you arranged your pitch in advance. you had to stay within the pitch. your name is taken for it. you can either take your own tent to the pitch, or arrange for on to be pitched.

you don't take your tent home, they know who you are 

(can't think of an ideal work around for camping in groups)

Some asshole would dump their rubbish in your pitch shortly after you've done your last sweep and left. Sorry for pessimism. ?

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

Some asshole would dump their rubbish in your pitch shortly after you've done your last sweep and left. Sorry for pessimism. ?

did i mention the electric fence around every pitch with security cameras and facial  recognition ?

• Upvote 1

I am thinking of requesting a couple of Chinooks to circle from 6am on Monday morning mounted with mini-gun and 50mm cannon (uranium tipped rounds).

The air load master can keep eyes on from the tail ramp looking out for any reprobates shuffling off sans tent and strafe the fuckin shit out of them.

No loss to the food chain.  Darwinism wins.  Better odds for tickets for next year.

• Upvote 1