Cease and desist :-(

morph100

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

There are threads on here for stuff I don't care for. I generally avoid them. If I am posting in the football thread or Taylor Swift thread and someone who has zero interest or curiosity comes in and insults me, I'd probably be a bit wound up. Internet forum at the end of the day but we all choose to spend our time here. Manners cost nothing and a bit of respect goes a long way.

Agreed!

6 hours ago, OG said:

I did think that this forum gets nasty and snide in high season when all the "day trippers" come out and post banal shit, but this thread has proved that the long time posters are not really "Glastonbury" 

If you don't like the inane shit that Bamber posts then scroll past it. Why the fuck anybody would block her is beyond me. #Firstworldproblems. I had to scroll all the way past a video Bamber posted to get to the really intellectual posts ?

Nah, it's quite simple why I put her on ignore. I'd open up a thread, and the page would be nothing but 25 posts of embedded youtube videos that I had absolutely no interest in, and it'd slow my browser right down (which isn't helped by the fact that I'm often using remote desktop). If it was just inane text then I'd not have bothered about it, but all this youtube trash (admittedly, moreso in the past when it was loading Flash each time than now) can have a noticeable performance hit.

Can't see why that'd be a problem for anyone.

21 hours ago, morph100 said:

Yeah could work, trouble is so far it’s entirely made up from Glastonbury pictures turned into old style computer graphics for backgrounds. So you have very recognisable stages, ribbon towers and the like.

I also recently added Micheal and Emily in as characters saying some of their catchphrases such as “It’s the best year yet!” Etc ?

to change to a generic festival will basically mean starting from scratch and I haven’t got time for that.

i could finish it and just put it on pirate bay as a secret underground game that only 5 people ever play.

Isle of wight has a helter skelter that looks very much like the ribbon tower, Victorious Festival has a sign made up of big letters on a hill, whilst glastonbury is unique in so many ways, most of the best or most recognisable elements have been ripped off by other festivals around the world. Just grab a few generic festival pictures to make up some of the other backgrounds and away you go. 

Essentially what i am saying is, stop moping around and finish the Glastonbury game cos i wanna play it. ?

On 8/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. Fucking up things for other people just because you can - that's bamber - isn't very Glastonbury either.

That's much more like Farage. A self-important self-promoting twat.

I don't see myself that way, Farage ... ouch.

But I get what you are all saying. I do honestly try and temper this, but some nights I do just get carried away. Like I said, it is not the end of the world, and worse things happen at sea. 'tis a festival message board at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but not yours to spoil for other people.

Spoil is a strong word. If every post was on topic and on message it would be a very dull place.

But mate, I do get what you are saying. A balance must be found.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bamber said:

If every post was on topic and on message it would be a very dull place.

That viewpoint was very much the territory where I was coming from the other day. So, why is it 'allowed' and 'not allowed'? I suspect that the answer is going to be the intensity. 

I mean,  what the fuck am I going to do if I can't talk some non music related cobblers on a music thread? It's my very raison d'être.

I actually find it kind of amusing when I randomly come across six Jessie J videos in a row for no reason, particularly if they have some borderline nonsensical tagline attached. One of the oddly endearing things about the boards (of which there are many)

Maybe I've just not been on here long enough yet for it to piss me off!

P.S. @bamber I also thought you were a "he" for some reason 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That viewpoint was very much the territory where I was coming from the other day. So, why is it 'allowed' and 'not allowed'? I suspect that the answer is going to be the intensity. 

I mean,  what the fuck am I going to do if I can't talk some non music related cobblers on a music thread? It's my very raison d'être.

I've just realised that this, this bit right here, could potentially end up in an infinite loop. 

Apologies to morph100. Sure, 'twas a fine (and Worthy) idea, that you had. Maybe all is not lost. Would it be possible for you to approach Water Aid, with your idea, and see if they could provide some pressure on GFL, to run with it - on the proviso (I suspect) that all the profits go to Water Aid. 

It's a cracking idea, and now needs to be looked at laterally, if it's to warrant further progression.

On the flip side, maybe you could develop a game directly for Water Aid?

Ideas for the game could include;

Navigating Water Aid's history.

Fundraising.

Activities - differing service provision within differing countries - got to be an angle there.

ETC

I've had a smoke, so am not completely certain just how logical the above words are.

Bamber can say what she wants, but when it's something as inane as was said she's also going to get flack for it. All is working as intended.

The thing some people might be missing is that for someone who is into gaming, and has experienced the full range of them, saying "I don't like games" is exactly the same as someone saying "I don't like music". I'm not being over-the-top here or saying that for effect. It's exactly the same thing. It's taking an entire genre, with it's many, many niches, and dismissing it, that is tragic. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It's taking an entire genre, with it's many, many niches, and dismissing it, that is tragic. 

It would be fair to say that I've dismissed that whole genre, and must confess to feeling no loss, or that I am guilty of negative prejudice towards it. However, I (and possibly all of us) am guilty of dismissing many potential facets of experience and knowledge, which we would enjoy, had we not dismissed them. Nobody - except God (my RC upbringing what told me dat), can be everywhere at the same time. Or can they? Oh shit, I've had another smoke, and may have to come back to this one! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It would be fair to say that I've dismissed that whole genre, and must confess to feeling no loss, or that I am guilty of negative prejudice towards it. However, I (and possibly all of us) am guilty of dismissing many potential facets of experience and knowledge, which we would enjoy, had we not dismissed them. Nobody - except God (my RC upbringing what told me dat), can be everywhere at the same time. Or can they? Oh shit, I've had another smoke, and may have to come back to this one! 

Oh yeah, I'm probably the same. And there are indeed plenty of people out there that just don't care for music. Probably not many on here mind.