Cease and desist :-(

morph100

I did think that this forum gets nasty and snide in high season when all the "day trippers" come out and post banal shit, but this thread has proved that the long time posters are not really "Glastonbury" 

If you don't like the inane shit that Bamber posts then scroll past it. Why the fuck anybody would block her is beyond me. #Firstworldproblems. I had to scroll all the way past a video Bamber posted to get to the really intellectual posts ?

4 hours ago, OG said:

I did think that this forum gets nasty and snide in high season when all the "day trippers" come out and post banal shit, but this thread has proved that the long time posters are not really "Glastonbury" 

Hmmm. Fucking up things for other people just because you can - that's bamber - isn't very Glastonbury either.

That's much more like Farage. A self-important self-promoting twat.

5 hours ago, OG said:

If you don't like the inane shit that Bamber posts then scroll past it. Why the fuck anybody would block her is beyond me. #Firstworldproblems. I had to scroll all the way past a video Bamber posted to get to the really intellectual posts ?

Ramming stuff down people’s throats is hardly “Glastonbury” either, is it?

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. Fucking up things for other people just because you can - that's bamber - isn't very Glastonbury either.

That's much more like Farage. A self-important self-promoting twat.

One persons “fucking up things for other people just because you can”, is another persons “quirky person who always posts videos of Jessie J and makes up part of the rich community of posters on a chat forum”. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OG said:

Telling people they're "tragic" and "wasting their life" because they have a hobby you don't understand is hardly Glastonbury either, is it? I'm not into gaming (unless you count Spider Solitaire) but if it makes people happy, what's the problem?

There's a thread for gaming in the discussions section of this board where people can discuss it to their heart's content. There are lots of topics in that section for things that are not relevant to Glastonbury, maybe more people should use it.

Just now, ticketboy69 said:

One persons “fucking up things for other people just because you can”, is another persons “quirky person who always posts videos of Jessie J and makes up part of the rich community of posters on a chat forum”. 

true.

But Bamber already has several topics where she can post videos, so her being respectful of other people here would have her limit her 'quirkiness' to the appropriate places. She's well aware of this, she's been told many times.

These forums are run with an eye towards all possibilities, but that doesn't mean it's cool to go shit in someone else's bed.

I made my views on this fairly clear yesterday and don’t really want to go over old ground, but I do want to flip this “not Glastonbury” thing on its head...

Say you’re sat in a group in the Stone Circle/Pyramid Field/wherever having a drink, smoke and a good old chat with friends. If someone kept coming over to your group and butted in insisting that you watch videos on their phone that you’re not interested in and generally derailing the conversations you were having, would that person be “Glastonbury”? 

Bamber has enough space on here to do what she likes, nobody is trying to stop that. 

Edited by Hugh Jass

I would just say that it seems unfair to focus entirely on Bamber here.

It seems to me that there are many threads that go off on a tangent...you start off talking about the weather and it ends up with a hundred pictures of dogs! 

I understand that it sometimes feels that her raison d’être is to post these videos on unrelated threads, but it really isn’t hurting anyone and I’m not aware of anyone finding the forum unusable as a result. Just scroll on by if it isn’t for you?

I’m always aware that behind the moniker there is a real person and we should all be careful to remember that. 

1 minute ago, ticketboy69 said:

I’m always aware that behind the moniker there is a real person and we should all be careful to remember that. 

A great thing to remember prior to telling people they are 'tragic' and 'wasting their lives' for having a hobby.

There are threads on here for stuff I don't care for. I generally avoid them. If I am posting in the football thread or Taylor Swift thread and someone who has zero interest or curiosity comes in and insults me, I'd probably be a bit wound up. Internet forum at the end of the day but we all choose to spend our time here. Manners cost nothing and a bit of respect goes a long way.

• Upvote 1