Cease and desist :-(

morph100

what does blocking people actually do ? does it stop you seeing them when quoted ? can you see that they have posted , just no content ? The concept doesn't really work in my head because as annoying as some things can be on here ... I still believe that some of the posters have interesting things to say that because of some of my frustrations id rather not block them completely but would rather ignore at the time 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

what does blocking people actually do ? does it stop you seeing them when quoted ? can you see that they have posted , just no content ? The concept doesn't really work in my head because as annoying as some things can be on here ... I still believe that some of the posters have interesting things to say that because of some of my frustrations id rather not block them completely but would rather ignore at the time 

Once they're quoted, I'm pretty sure* they're just text in someone else's post.  That's why I've never blocked anyone, because the idea of seeing half a conversation drives me mad.  Even if it did hide quoted posts, then you'd still see how the rest of the thread was shaped by the blocked poster.  

*Reading back that post, maybe I'm wrong and the forum can hide quoted posts, depending on who is being quoted, but I don't think so.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Once they're quoted, I'm pretty sure* they're just text in someone else's post.  That's why I've never blocked anyone, because the idea of seeing half a conversation drives me mad.  Even if it did hide quoted posts, then you'd still see how the rest of the thread was shaped by the blocked poster.  

*Reading back that post, maybe I'm wrong and the forum can hide quoted posts, depending on who is being quoted, but I don't think so.

what's that ? cant see your post ? :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You just see a line saying they've posted, along with a button you can click for options (including to show that particular post), like this:image.png.090609300e897173559080b92dc060e0.png

You'll still see their content if someone quotes it though.

1 minute ago, incident said:

You just see a line saying they've posted, along with a button you can click for options (including to show that particular post), like this:image.png.090609300e897173559080b92dc060e0.png

You'll still see their content if someone quotes it though.

thanks ... yep as @stuartbert two hats says would frustrate me more than the initial posts ( promise not to spam with anymore band mentions for a while ) :) 

5 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

back to the original topic, i would also encourage Morph to go down the PES / GTA route and create a festival based game with obscure references to Glastonbury. If FIFA and the Premier League cant stop Rockstar then i doubt the Eavis would be able to stop you. You could also bring in the best and worst of other festivals too (or you may want to use them as a base for a sequel?). I for one would love to see it. 

Yeah could work, trouble is so far it’s entirely made up from Glastonbury pictures turned into old style computer graphics for backgrounds. So you have very recognisable stages, ribbon towers and the like.

I also recently added Micheal and Emily in as characters saying some of their catchphrases such as “It’s the best year yet!” Etc ?

to change to a generic festival will basically mean starting from scratch and I haven’t got time for that.

i could finish it and just put it on pirate bay as a secret underground game that only 5 people ever play.

As a gamer I still don’t play anything newer than Super Nintendo and don’t play any more than an hour a week. Most of my free time is spent watching Netflix or reading a good book.

time I know could be better spent watching Jessie J videos ?

7 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Yeah could work, trouble is so far it’s entirely made up from Glastonbury pictures turned into old style computer graphics for backgrounds. So you have very recognisable stages, ribbon towers and the like.

I also recently added Micheal and Emily in as characters saying some of their catchphrases such as “It’s the best year yet!” Etc ?

to change to a generic festival will basically mean starting from scratch and I haven’t got time for that.

i could finish it and just put it on pirate bay as a secret underground game that only 5 people ever play.

We’ll play it.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where's the top one from?

Some place in Germany called Rothenburg. Monkey Island creator claims its a coincidence which I dont believe. 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@49.3751579,10.179798,3a,17.4y,160.87h,92.07t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s7r42XjdnldcAAAQXLkZ_GA!2e0!3e11!7i8704!8i4352

Sub facts - It was the inspiration for the village in Pinocchio and Richie Blackmore's Blackmores Night put it on not one, but two of their album covers. 

220px-Under_A_Violet_Moon_cover.jpg

220px-Winter_carols.jpg

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Some place in Germany called Rothenburg. Monkey Island creator claims its a coincidence which I dont believe. 

This time next year.....

Some place in England called Worthy Farm. Generic Festival Island creator claims it's a coincidence which I don't believe.

• Upvote 2