New Boomtown club opening night 2nd November

mr flow

3 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Line up for this dropping today apparently. People are starting to get well antsy. 

it does make me laugh that people are getting so upset about a line up for an event they bought a ticket for without a line up being announced.

Are they actually not going to go if the line up isn’t to their liking?

59 minutes ago, mr flow said:

it does make me laugh that people are getting so upset about a line up for an event they bought a ticket for without a line up being announced.

Are they actually not going to go if the line up isn’t to their liking?

I think it’s more about the fact that they said on Facebook that it would be released today. I’m not too bothered about the lineup, but there are many people who do care especially when they’ve paid £35 for each ticket!

30 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I think it’s more about the fact that they said on Facebook that it would be released today. I’m not too bothered about the lineup, but there are many people who do care especially when they’ve paid £35 for each ticket!

Worth every penny 

11 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

It's being released this morning, so it's not the end of the world. I just find it funny that people are stressing over a line up when they were happy to buy a ticket for an event that didn't announce a line up.

5 minutes ago, mr flow said:

The fallout from the line up on social media is amusing. People complaining they've never heard of most of the acts.

It's the kind of lineup I expected, though I was hoping for at least one bigger name. Looking forward to discovering what they've done with the site and listening to loads of new things though.

Edited by aidenlangan95

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

It's the kind of lineup I expected, though I was hoping for at least one bigger name. Looking forward to discovering what they've done with the site and listening to loads of new things though.

Yeah, it's the sort of line up i expected. Few names, few festival favourites and a lot of up and comers. Not really sure what people expected. Like you say, a few bigger names would have been nice, but it's pretty much on par with what i would have expected.

I've got a spare ticket to the Saturday 9th event if anyone's interested

Line up:

CORE REACTOR

22:00-22:15 AAA Badboy
22:15-23:15 Horseman & Solo Banton ft The uppercut Band
23:30-00:30 Sister Nancy & Legal Shot
00:30-01:30 Chali 2na & Krafty Kuts
01:30-02:30 The Heatwave
03:00-04:00 Dr Meaker Live

ENGINE ROOM

20:00-21:30 DJ Dad
21:30-22:30 The Schmoozenbergs
23:00-00:00 United Kingdoms
00:30-01:30 Hippo Sound System
02:00-03:00 Slamboree Sound System

ACID CHAMBER

21:00-22:00 That's It
22:00-23:30 Jaguar
23:30-01:00 Gotsome
01:00-02:30 ABSOLUTE.
02:30-04:00 Wonka & Syn

MUTANT DANCE

21:00-22:30 Dubson - MACPHERSON, LADY V DUBZ, MC MEAKER
22:30-00:00 Icicle & MC Carasel
00:00-01:30 Technimatic Ft Carasel & Gusto
01:30-03:00 DLR & MC Gusto

DECONTAMINATION ROOM

21:00-22:00 Nico (Rukus)
22:00-00:00 Vibe Roulette
00:00-02:00 Mr Benn B2B Shepdog
02:00-03:00 A-Bee

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

Was the venue any good? Worth a trip?

I went on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Friendly staff, good vibes and an excellent crowd. It was probably the best crowd i've seen at a UK club for ages.

When you consider it was their opening sequence of events, and that it'll get slicker as it goes on, i think it'll definitely be worth a visit in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what's happened to the NYD Area 404 event? Unless I'm having a shocker it seems to of completely disappeard from the boomtown website, facebook and any kind of internet search since they announced tickets were on sale, plus all the links to tickets are dead?

14 hours ago, tpark said:

Anyone know what's happened to the NYD Area 404 event? Unless I'm having a shocker it seems to of completely disappeard from the boomtown website, facebook and any kind of internet search since they announced tickets were on sale, plus all the links to tickets are dead?

Problems with licencing

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone that is bonkers enough to be uo for it....

Here.

**404 DANCERS NOT FOUND**

Back due to popular demand, Aid Box Community and TEMWA bring you Bristol Come Dancing ll - Dance for your lives.

From the people behind Refutrees and Rock N Rumble, we present the revival of the disco ball.

We are on the hunt for contestants to take part in this ultimate challenge, where friendships are formed and fierceness is born as we rise from the rubble to the dancefloor.

You’ll receive 12 sessions of professional dance training over six weeks in two popular styles, culminating in an epic LIVE competition on Saturday 28th March at Boomtown’s Area 404.

Registration ends on January 31st. Places are limited, sign up now to compete:

Tag a friend who should take part http://bit.ly/BCD2SignUp