New Boomtown club opening night 2nd November

mr flow

5 minutes ago, mr flow said:

It makes sense to do as many dates as possible, seeing as the venue will be set up. However, they’re not going to put on extra days unless the demand is there 

Well looks like everyone has got their tickets now the other two dates are yet to go

1 minute ago, Radi0Head said:

Doesn't take a lot for something to be more fun than the glasto ticket sale take for example walking fire walking or getting your nipple pierced 

True. But did think it was a kinder system than Glastonbury set up. Or maybe it's because I got tickets. ?

4 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I normally loathe buying tickets for events, and if I really have to, will buy last minute so I can get a cheap arse deal out of someone desperate to sell their ticket. But yesterday I was on 10 minutes early and get 2 Friday tickets. Given the demand though, I might 'sell' them on, but use the barcode at the door really early so I can still get in fine.

you really are a c**t, aren't you? :blink: 

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

data protection stuff means i can't do that.

Have just looked to see that same geezer has form with other trolling accounts. 

I guess if you block him then another account from another email just pops back in his place?

2 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Only joking!

Who are you hoping to entertain by these jokes? I don't see anyone laughing with you. I don't understand how bringing a vibe down in a virtual space full of people you don't know is rewarding or in any sense an achievement. 

@eFestivals - is there a way for one user to block another's posts?

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I guess if you block him then another account from another email just pops back in his place?

Yup. Ultimately there is no way for the website to block someone who is determined to find a way around that block.

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

@eFestivals - is there a way for one user to block another's posts?

yep, that you can do.

On a desktop you can hover your mouse over a user's username (except mine), and a little profile box will appear. There's an option there 'ignore user' which will stop you seeing their posts.

I'm not sure how it can be done on a tablet/phone. Perhaps someone else can help with that?

Thanks.

Back on topic it's great to see them dong well. Bristol is a bit of a trek for me but always intend to go in that direction more so hopefully I'll check an event when they are up and running.

I wonder how much of the Boomtown vibe they'll be able to translate into a club? Obviously going to be a huge production but I'd imagine they'll throw a few surprises in too. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Thanks.

Back on topic it's great to see them dong well. Bristol is a bit of a trek for me but always intend to go in that direction more so hopefully I'll check an event when they are up and running.

I wonder how much of the Boomtown vibe they'll be able to translate into a club? Obviously going to be a huge production but I'd imagine they'll throw a few surprises in too. 

We went to a Boomtown event about 8 years ago. It was held in Motion.  Multiple rooms with different genre DJs or bands. 9pm - 5am. So much like this one coming up in November. Was really good and had the Boomtown vibe with all the decorations. Had a real laugh with a friendly crowd. 

51 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We went to a Boomtown event about 8 years ago. It was held in Motion.  Multiple rooms with different genre DJs or bands. 9pm - 5am. So much like this one coming up in November. Was really good and had the Boomtown vibe with all the decorations. Had a real laugh with a friendly crowd. 

I went to that party as well.

I'm hoping as this is their permanent home that they may have a few more surprises up their sleeves.

7 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'm hoping as this is their permanent home that they may have a few more surprises up their sleeves.

I'd love to check it out eventually. Do you know how it will work as a permanent place? Weekly nights? It's a heck of a trek for me but I drive close to Bristol at least twice a year so could add a day on!

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'd love to check it out eventually. Do you know how it will work as a permanent place? Weekly nights? It's a heck of a trek for me but I drive close to Bristol at least twice a year so could add a day on!

Think they have a licence for 24 events each calendar year. I doubt they’ll do anything in June/July/August/September as it’s too close to the festival. 

On 8/30/2019 at 4:03 PM, mr flow said:

We were chatting about that the other day.... four decent ska (ish) bands.... gdc, but we couldn’t remember any of the others - any ideas? 

18 hours ago, man next door said:

Los albertos, possibly... maybe Babyhead. 

Was completlely mashed that night . Surprised to recall much at all ?

According to resident adviser, this was the line up:-

The Correspondents (The undisputed kings of the Swing), 
Slamboree (World's 1st Neo Balkan Pyro Circus Dub Rave massive), 
Benny Page & Serial Killaz (The UK's top drawer for Dubwise Drum and Bass Jungle), 
The ASBO Disco (Music for the massive), 
Mr Benn B2B Shepdog (Reggae & mashup dancefloor destroyers), 
Kanji Kinetic (Some proper banging tunes), 
Dub Boy (Riddim and bass to wine ya waist), 
Wonkavision (Chunkiest beats pon road), 
Skellyman (Ganja meets Game show), 
RackaBeat & Barlow (Mash it up), 
Aceeater (Skank n Stomp), 
Biere De Luxe, 
Breadchasers, 
Keltrix, 
Largo Embargo, 
Melosa, 
Rasta4Eyes, 
The Binewski Murder, 
The Social Ignition,

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/361587

11 minutes ago, man next door said:

Thank you mr flow.

um. Yeah. Nothing that correlates at all with my hazy memory. 

Maybe there were two. Never mind. 

Rasta 4 eyes were good, at something, I remember 

I'm pretty sure this was the only event they've done at Motion. Although, I seem to remember Babyhead performing as well, so perhaps that line up isn't the full one.

21 minutes ago, man next door said:

Found it. 

It was the boomtown motion equinox party with gdc, skints, Zion train, Babylon circus ....

got pretty much all my lineup wrong, but I knew what I was talking about ?

Ahh i didn't go to this. In fact, i completely forgot that they did it!

• 1 month later...