EOTR "parkrun"

Charlie B

233698002_EOTRParkrunroute.thumb.png.26367b8fc825f2050040eea84c77836f.png

So we will be heading out again on Saturday morning for a quick 5km for anyone who fancies a little run, but doesn't want to leave the site for a proper parkrun. We start just behind the wristband exchange, and head back towards the car park fields, which we run the perimeter of, then around the campervan field and the quiet/family camping field before finishing with a run back up the main entrance avenue - the 5km finish is almost exactly at the main entrance!

It's a nice run and we got a lot of encouragement last year. we won't be fast - I think we were around 27-28 minutes last year. There may be a couple of people doing a bit of a longer route afterwards, if anyone fancies more distance. Of course this is all subject to the excesses of Friday night!!

I'm not a runner but have forwarded the info to someone in our group who is.

Also, in case you're not aware of it, author and runner Adharanand Finn is doing a talk on the literature stage at some point over the weekend, and said something on twitter about "might even lead a run too" but I don't know if that's being followed up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

I'm not a runner but have forwarded the info to someone in our group who is.

Also, in case you're not aware of it, author and runner Adharanand Finn is doing a talk on the literature stage at some point over the weekend, and said something on twitter about "might even lead a run too" but I don't know if that's being followed up.

Thanks for forwarding Yoss!

I wasn't aware that Adharanand Finn was appearing - I'll definitely have to put that in the diary! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/28/2022 at 11:42 AM, JulietEccleston said:

Saw this thread from the last few years, anyone up for a short (and slow!) run at EOTR 2022? 

I won’t be running this year, but the route we did in 2019 is here - https://www.strava.com/activities/2666627366

it’s a lovely route around the lanes and bridleways surrounding the site. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Charlie B said:

I won’t be running this year, but the route we did in 2019 is here - https://www.strava.com/activities/2666627366

it’s a lovely route around the lanes and bridleways surrounding the site. 

be very careful running on lanes with traffic.

• 11 months later...