Friday Arrival

StevoLancs

We can't make it up on Thursday, so will be arriving on Friday, about 12ish. We have a two person tent and one of those tall but small shower/privacy tent type things. Will it be a nightmare to find a space and where would we best heading to get a reasonable area to pitch?

7 minutes ago, StevoLancs said:

We can't make it up on Thursday, so will be arriving on Friday, about 12ish. We have a two person tent and one of those tall but small shower/privacy tent type things. Will it be a nightmare to find a space and where would we best heading to get a reasonable area to pitch?

Nah you'll be absolutely fine. I'd head towards the end of the campsite and there will be loads of space. It's a small campsite and doesn't make much difference where you camp

• Like 1

Theres huge amounts of room always around the family camping and the "2nd" general camping past the showers. We were there last year and you could've landed a 747 in between our tent and the next nearest.

Wouldn't recommend trying it though as the breaking area is quite grassy and uneven.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi folks - came here to ask exactly this! Have a funeral to attend on Thursday at the other end of the country, so likely won't be arriving until later on the Friday. Good to know that I won't have trouble getting a spot.

(This is my first "smaller" festival, my other reference points being Glastonbury, Reading and IoW. Really looking forward to it, particularly as the line-up is so so strong.)

Aye camping space is never a problem. Loads arrive on friday morning usually. 

There's nothing quite like sipping a coffee outside ya tent and nursing the first gentle hangover of the weekend, watching the latecomers haul their stuff up the hill on a sunny eotr friday morning. All that great music to come. 

Noy going this year and absolutely gutted tbh ?

Think I’ll be arriving Friday morning, unless i can get out of work early on Thursday and get down before dark.

Cant wait - my first time back to EOTR in 12 years! Although I did come down to Larmer Tree Festival with my kids last year. There was loads of space to camp then & that’s what I remember from my first visit back in 07 - although it looks like it’s got a bit bigger since then.