Levellers 2020

HalfAnIdiot

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Looking forward to the efests contingent sharing a beer if this happens.  I can 100% guarantee that none of my mates from either group I'm in with will want to be there so I'll be looking for new gig friends! :lol:

I will quite happily act as the meeting point :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourks said:

Why do you want them to play Glastonbury, surely it has become everything the Levellers don't like. Far to commercial, personally I would be gutted if they played there.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2008/jun/29/glastonbury2008xxxx

I thought the same - that they set up Beautiful Days as a response to how festivals had evolved. And although that may well be true of their thoughts on festivals in general, this article suggests Glastonbury escaped their disillusionment.
At the time, anyway. 

14 hours ago, ChemicalBrother said:

I don’t think those tour dates & Cheese & Grain appearance are necessarily an indication they’ll be on the farm next year - they played the Cheese & Grain this year & were touring in June, but didn’t make an appearance.

That such an active band, with so much Glastonbury history,  haven’t been invited back since 2010 also worries me that all isn’t well between the 2 parties - but if it were to happen any time in the future, then surely it’s for the 50th.

Saturday Headliners in the Acoustic would be perfect for me. 

They did have a falling out with Michael years ago but I hope that might have been forgotten by now.

46 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I believe the falling our was resolved prior to the 2010 performance. It was billed as a 'welcome back, all forgiven, coming home' thing if I remember.

You might find the lack of any performances since 2010 is simply to do with them concentrating on Beautiful Days being pushed. 

Anyone been to beautiful days?  Been wondering what it’s like. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone been to beautiful days?  Been wondering what it’s like. 

Yes, loved it, going again this year with my brother.  You can walk from one end to the other on about 10 minutes, bars and food are good, really family friendly (not an issue for me but good to know).  Music and feel is a mix of West Holts, Avalon, Acoustic and Croissant Neuf. Also got to see Hobo Jones and Mik Artistik, so you know it's good. 

Not much dancey stuff if that's your thing.

Really chilled out. One of the nice bits for me is the Tiny Tea Tent's there and up on a bit of a hill, so you can look at it all while having your cuppa.

Camping is same principle as Glastonbury, so no spit between camp and main site. Also take your own booze and stuff in as well.

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yes, loved it, going again this year with my brother.  You can walk from one end to the other on about 10 minutes, bars and food are good, really family friendly (not an issue for me but good to know).  Music and feel is a mix of West Holts, Avalon and Acoustic.

Really chilled out. One of the nice bits for me is the Tiny Tea Tent's there and up on a bit of a hill, so you can look at it all while having your cuppa.

Cheers for that, will look into it, if we hadn’t got the golden tickets this year I was looking at this one as consolation! 

1 hour ago, ChemicalBrother said:

https://myglobalmind.com/2017/07/09/doubt-well-ever-play-levellers-singer-mark-chadwick-returning-glastonbury/

2017 - “Do you think you’ll ever go back” (to Glastonbury)

“Never say never, but I don’t think so”

Looking unlikely then. 

Neither interviewer (probably. the worst I've read for while - leading questions? Basic stuff) or Mark come across very well in that. 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Yes, loved it, going again this year with my brother.  You can walk from one end to the other on about 10 minutes, bars and food are good, really family friendly (not an issue for me but good to know).  Music and feel is a mix of West Holts, Avalon, Acoustic and Croissant Neuf. Also got to see Hobo Jones and Mik Artistik, so you know it's good. 

Not much dancey stuff if that's your thing.

Camping is same principle as Glastonbury, so no spit between camp and main site. Also take your own booze and stuff in as well.

Second this very much. Been there, with Oxfam, for last 2 years. Will be there next year god willing.  Would add that the crowd are fantastic. They like to party big time, but the ‘nob’ contingent is very very low, makes for a fun time. Very similar to The G. 

• 7 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Too big for Avalon remembering the crowds at west holts ... maybe I’m just looking back with tinted glasses .. Park would be superb :) 

I was at west holts that day the crowd was massive you couldn't move, the biggest crowd on that stage ever i think.