Getting to white campsite from the train station....

Si1991

Hi Guys

First time at Reading Festival for me and the first festival for my partner! 

So I have decided to be nice and camp in the White campsite as to not scare her off :P 

What is the easiest and most direct route from the train station? According the the Reading website there is a shuttle bus we can get to the festival for £1, does anyone know where this drops you off? 

Thanks in advance and have a great festival! 

The white campsite is across the river, so the only real way to get there from the train station is to walk through the festival site. I'm guessing the bus would drop you off somewhere near the rivermead centre/main entrance, so you'd just go in there and then walk. There isn't really a way to get there without a car. 

Reading-Public-Map-2019

5 hours ago, Festival_Vet said:

Think you will have to walk through the whole site. 

Depending on what time you are looking at arriving too, might make it harder

19 hours ago, mikmcmik said:

The white campsite is across the river, so the only real way to get there from the train station is to walk through the festival site. I'm guessing the bus would drop you off somewhere near the rivermead centre/main entrance, so you'd just go in there and then walk. There isn't really a way to get there without a car. 

Reading-Public-Map-2019

Thanks for the reply guys, we don't mind a bit of walking!

Does anyone have an idea of how long this will take? 

30-40 mins etc? 

How long is the walk from white campsite to the arena each day?? Not been for 10 years! And camped between brown and purple last time! but with teenage daughter and friend wanted the quietest site..... Also arriving hopefully around 10am tomorrow will white campsite be ok for space?

5 hours ago, EmsieXxX said:

How long is the walk from white campsite to the arena each day?? Not been for 10 years! And camped between brown and purple last time! but with teenage daughter and friend wanted the quietest site..... Also arriving hopefully around 10am tomorrow will white campsite be ok for space?

Yeah should be room,. The white is one of the last to fill up.  You be arriving around same time we will and won't be an issue.  Is about a 30-40 min walk to the arena I would say 

21 hours ago, Si1991 said:

Thanks for the reply guys, we don't mind a bit of walking!

Does anyone have an idea of how long this will take? 

30-40 mins etc? 

4 hours ago, Festival_Vet said:

Yeah should be room,. The white is one of the last to fill up.  You be arriving around same time we will and won't be an issue.  Is about a 30-40 min walk to the arena I would say 

Thanks!! We r thinking of dropping the girls and tents in white, then checking out space in brown to see if we can shave off the distance to arena.... But don't wanna be too surrounded by the "younguns partying" and get no sleep....

12 hours ago, EmsieXxX said:

Thanks!! We r thinking of dropping the girls and tents in white, then checking out space in brown to see if we can shave off the distance to arena.... But don't wanna be too surrounded by the "younguns partying" and get no sleep....

Brown stinks of the loos most the time and will only save you 5 mins

13 hours ago, EmsieXxX said:

I'm camping in brown currently and it's quite busy and full of younguns ?