Best festival I’ve done

MRM

First BD done, had a brilliant time. 

Hilariously walked straight in through the taxi drop off entrance past some security guy who simply said “go on in” on Friday morning, wasn’t until 10 minutes later we realised what had happened and that we didn’t have wrist bands but were well inside the festival grounds, approached a security woman who found it hilarious but immediately got on her radio to say “can we make sure those on the gates are checking wrist bands” and she kindly guided us back to the wrist band booth ?

if anyone saw the green tent on the arena camping hill closest to the entrance to main arena that was completely fucked and flat, that was us, we had countless comments on the state of our tent ? but it was dry inside so that’s all that mattered. 

First drug free festival (excluding weed) and it was so good! Everyone So friendly.

On Friday Was in bed listening to the music from the tent by 9 since I hit the poison too early that day! That’s the one downside of no drugs for me I guess ?, though I feel a lot fresher for it. 

Saturday night got absolutely fucked at main stage, saw Ash, Sleaford mods(absolutely genius) and of course Ziggy which gave me the biggest natural high of my life, got right to the front, met a cool Yardie who we spoke to before Ziggy came on stage, shared our last few joints with him at the start of the set, and he ended up passing us his during the whole set after we ran out, which was a huge relief?

Though it did cause him some bother later in the set because before he knew it there was a swarm of people asking him for a puff, he said no to them but continued to pass them our way which was cool ?

Overall, amazing atmosphere. 

It lived up to its reputation. We had a fantastic time as volunteers & will definitely be back (possibly as punters).

A great line up, lovely site, well organised, space in campsites, clean loos, lack of litter but best of all a brilliant crowd who know when to chill and when to bounce!

........& the kids. I always liked the idea of bringing kids to a festival but would never have been up for it.....but the kids here just loved it so much. There was loads for them to do, but it wasn’t even that, it was just that they were everywhere having so much fun it was  infectious - an absolute joy to see!

• Like 2

Great weekend as usual. The rain friday was hard work. but then it wouldnt be beautiful days without getting drenched once or twice.

The lack of plastic was great. Reusable cups are a great idea. (i bought 5 more on sunday night to take home) 

having worked recycling multiple times i can note there were about half the amount of bins that are usually set up, it worked out well though. People seemed to take their rubbish with them to find bins. There was minimal crap left at the end of the stages compared with other years, i imagine the site was a doddle to clean up at the end

same time next year

• 3 weeks later...