Food, drink, leaving the site etc

Andybaha

First time at Reading and we are in the White family camping. We are wanting to travel light and not bring loads of cooking stuff and food. What’s it like for popping off site and finding somewhere reasonable to eat or buy bread and cheese etc for an alfresco lunch. It gets pricey if you eat three meals a day in the arena and on day one Thai Green curry is great but it’s appeal is wearing thin by day three.

It'll be a bit of a walk from White but there's plenty of shops you can pick stuff up from, I did 1 or 2 journeys to Tesco or Lidl when I camped. I don't think you can bring your own food into the arena, but for food at camp it's much cheaper (and probably better) than a lot of the stalls. 

19 hours ago, stanh said:

i only used the co op last year for meal deals, did they sell crates of drinks, spirits and mixers? if so, how much more than usual?

I bought a crate of brooklyn lager, was a lot as it was £2.something per can.

Carlsberg was reasonable.

Also got a bottle of vodka for around £20.

Soft drinks were normal shop price i think

Edited by m4tt
typo
  • Upvote 1