Jump to content
jj200

Sziget 2020

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, sebastian pacheco said:

This Line-up would be interesting...

Captura.PNG

Not sure about Slipknot but could quite easily see the others fitting in (although that's not to say I would necessarily want them to!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Mine changes on a daily basis, here's today's selection:

3_96680.jpg

Yeah yeah yeahs for me out of that list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dukey said:

This would be perfect

 

84A64864-7A17-4449-B200-FE2AB34B72F3.jpeg

I'd be pretty happy with this - like all but BMTH and Architects, travis i'm not a fan of but i can appreciate his production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Now we know that BMTH are around in August. 
FEVER 333 could be a good shout for a38, absolutely mad live shows. 

A73DDEE3-DB28-4284-9573-9A0C02E390CF.jpeg

Beatsteaks are another Sziget classic booking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Beatsteaks are another Sziget classic booking

a38 slot like wanda, bilderbuch or marteria in the last years i guess. 

are bmth big enough to headline a day? i mean, they did head some fests in britain and that was the focus in the last years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Now we know that BMTH are around in August. 
FEVER 333 could be a good shout for a38, absolutely mad live shows. 

A73DDEE3-DB28-4284-9573-9A0C02E390CF.jpeg

BMTH for the Main

Beatsteaks, Zebrahead for the A38

Fever 333, Giant Rooks for the Europe

 

I'd be cool with that

14 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

a38 slot like wanda, bilderbuch or marteria in the last years i guess. 

are bmth big enough to headline a day? i mean, they did head some fests in britain and that was the focus in the last years

Maybe a co-head in a british day. I would definetely would kill for a BMTH - Foals combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

a38 slot like wanda, bilderbuch or marteria in the last years i guess. 

are bmth big enough to headline a day? i mean, they did head some fests in britain and that was the focus in the last years

Not a chance - they headlined just all points east and it sold awfully they had to give away about half the tickets. Sub headline at best but when compared to some of the ones sziget have in Hungary possibly not even that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not a chance - they headlined just all points east and it sold awfully they had to give away about half the tickets. Sub headline at best but when compared to some of the ones sziget have in Hungary possibly not even that

Agree with this 100% - nowhere near big enough to headline. That All Points East fiasco did them no favours at all. Mind you, they also did something similar (2 for 1?) on the days Mumford and Sons and Christine and the Queens headlined. The quickest sellout was, iirc, The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes.

But having your tickets given away for free is a little bit embarrassing for BMTH.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Agree with this 100% - nowhere near big enough to headline. That All Points East fiasco did them no favours at all. Mind you, they also did something similar (2 for 1?) on the days Mumford and Sons and Christine and the Queens headlined. The quickest sellout was, iirc, The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes.

But having your tickets given away for free is a little bit embarrassing for BMTH.

Chems didn't sell out - it almost did but a few were given away right at the end. None of the other days were even that close i'm pretty sure. Christine/BMTH were the worst selling by a mile and Mumford may have sold out if it wasn't for the big England game that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Is Sziget like its sister festival, Balaton Sound, completely covered in advertising in every possible way?

Kind of yes, all the areas are branded someway. But it rarely is plain advertisement, they are usually connected to some fun activities etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flights and hotel booked, now just need the festival tickets to come on sale.

Can not be to long now. ?

Edited by thetime
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, gfa said:

Chems didn't sell out - it almost did but a few were given away right at the end. None of the other days were even that close i'm pretty sure. Christine/BMTH were the worst selling by a mile and Mumford may have sold out if it wasn't for the big England game that day.

The only days APE ever sold out were the Nick Cave (last year) and Strokes days (this year) or am I wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lighthouse said:

The only days APE ever sold out were the Nick Cave (last year) and Strokes days (this year) or am I wrong? 

That is correct. Chemical Brothers practically sold out though I am pretty sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thetime said:

Flights and hotel booked, now just need the festival tickets to come on sale.

Can not be to long now. ?

We are seriously looking into this, I was tempted by last year's but couldn't convince others. 

What are the exact dates I'd need to book a hotel for? And fly to Budapest? Then is it just a festival ticket I'd need and you can come and go as you please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

We are seriously looking into this, I was tempted by last year's but couldn't convince others. 

What are the exact dates I'd need to book a hotel for? And fly to Budapest? Then is it just a festival ticket I'd need and you can come and go as you please?

Look at the past clashfinder and find out how the lineup is spread through the week; then look at the tickets choices, it's up to you. I've never done more than 4 days, for me it's enough :)

Yes, you can go in/out as you want. 

I always went by car so I can't help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Look at the past clashfinder and find out how the lineup is spread through the week; then look at the tickets choices, it's up to you. I've never done more than 4 days, for me it's enough :)

Yes, you can go in/out as you want. 

I always went by car so I can't help you. 

Cheers, I've tried to look at the way it's set out and it confused me! ? That was via the website, so I'll have another look - thanks again.

Flying would be my only option, but I didn't realise a hotel would be realistic over camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers, I've tried to look at the way it's set out and it confused me! ? That was via the website, so I'll have another look - thanks again.

Flying would be my only option, but I didn't realise a hotel would be realistic over camping.

If you wamt to stay in apartment I suggest the Jewish quarter, it is in the very center. Budapest is quite cheap so it's a good option to stay in apartment if you want to be more relaxed and comfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

We are seriously looking into this, I was tempted by last year's but couldn't convince others. 

What are the exact dates I'd need to book a hotel for? And fly to Budapest? Then is it just a festival ticket I'd need and you can come and go as you please?

Well we are getting there on the Monday, festival proper starts on the Wednesday. Festival music starts on Wednesday 5th August with the last day of music the following tuesday. 

We've found a hotel less than 2 miles away and just a few stops on the train at a reasonable price. 

 

Edited by thetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thetime said:

Well we are getting there on the Monday, festival proper starts on the Wednesday. Festival music starts on Wednesday 5th August with the last day of music the following tuesday. 

We've found a hotel less than 2 miles away and just a few stops on the train at a reasonable price. 

 

I've just found really reasonable flights, and a good AirBnB. It's definitely a realistic option... my mates won't book as they're hedging their bets on the Glastonbury resale due to their annual leave allocation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any further thoughts on this year's headliners?

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ;-)

Any chance twenty one pilots might come back as proper headliner this year?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Any further thoughts on this year's headliners?

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ?

Any chance twenty one pilots might come back as proper headliner this year?

They recently posted:

The Hype was amazing live by twenty one pilots at Sziget this August! ?

Would love to see more of them or other artists next year at Sziget? 

Could that be pointing to 21P coming back? 

Slowly starting to think no Billy and Taylor this year or at least not both, Sziget can't have the same lineup as most other similar festivals. 

Maybe Coldplay? Lorde? Imagine Dragons, Stromae? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...