Jump to content

Sziget 2020


jj200
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Yeah, but we already have the 3 returning acts according to the hint: KoL, Calvin Harris and Shawn Mendes. It means it won't be Lana and it won't be Rihanna either. That's why I searched for a list of chicks that didn't play Sziget so far: "Beyonce? / Katy Perry? / Christina Aguilera? / Alicia Keys? / Kelly Clarkson? / Britney Spears? / Leona Lewis? / Kesha? / Avril Lavigne? => #TeamAvril, would be fun actually! Or... Paramore (Hayley is a bit older than Lizzo)?"

However I saw this, I guess that means we should take Sziget2020_leaks hints with a pinch of salt. :P 

image.thumb.png.10f75d86498b64e9f5ae6ac68972d7f2.png

what about ellie goulding? could she also be an option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Down the bill. 

Palewaves

Sam fender

Kooks

Mabel

British/ irish acts Biffy, Liam, Foals, or is Liam rulled out? Would Kasabian be a sub? 

Maybe they want bands on before the dance acts to get us all spending our cash. . 

Helsey seems a good shout. 

Didn't know Shawn Mendes was that big in all truth. 

still a bit soon for a headliner to return and never knew he was that popular. Must be loads of others who could fit the bill

 

Edited by Davidoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, as a recap:

We already know the 3 headliners that are returning acts (@Sziget2020_Leaks hint):

Kings of Leon - confirmed by @chunkychips127's hint

Calvin Harris - @Sziget2020_Leaks clue

Shawn Mendes - @Sziget2020_Leaks clue

We also have 1 more headliner confirmed by @chunkychips127: Eminem

We're going to have 3 more headliners that never played Sziget, if our hints are correct.

1 more EDM act: might be Tiesto

1 female headliner: it can be any of these (+ another hint: "a bit older than Lizzo" & we know it's not Lady Gaga): Beyonce, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Leona Lewis, Kesha, Avril Lavigne, Paramore / Hayley Williams or any other popular chick that never played Sziget and I guess still has to be in her 30s.

1 remaining headliner we don't know anything about but I think it's Bon Iver and it fits the clue because they also never played at the festival.

My predictions: KoL - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Tiesto - Beyonce (I would prefer Avril Lavigne because she's more fun than KoL, but I guess it's going to be a "very" pop star) - Bon Iver.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kinja said:

So KoL - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Daft Punk - Katy Perry - Rage Against the Machine ?

This line-up is all over the place

As much as I would love RATM, I don't believe it for one second. Eminem yes. Katy Perry yes. RATM and Daft Punk NO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kinja said:

So KoL - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Daft Punk - Katy Perry - Rage Against the Machine ?

This line-up is all over the place

Can't see Daft Punk really playing anything. 

If RATM does play Reading and Leeds, Sziget could be able to get them if they really want to.. will they tho? Would be worth replacing any of the current rumoured headliners in my book. Don't want to give them hard time but if they really have all the headliners booked, I'm struggling to see them going through a hassle for RATM... 

They would come over here for more than a festival, a quick jump to Sziget and Pukkelpop would already be worth the money. 

Edited by eyebrain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kinja said:

So KoL - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Daft Punk - Katy Perry - Rage Against the Machine ?

This line-up is all over the place

The Polish guy seems to talk only about Eminem, Shawn Mendes & Katy Perry being at Sziget, meanwhile Daft Punk and RATM aren't Sziget-related (RATM might play in Europe despite they said they won't and Daft Punk will release a new album in May).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is katy perry even popular anymore? I personally think the line up which is currently forming looks really lacklustre (if it's indeed true)... Eminem is just not my kind of thing(I know he's insanely popular), KOL are just a bit dull for a "rock" act, Shawn Mendes is just too much "pop" and screaming 15 year old girls watching and Katy Perry is really old in my opinion, and I have no clue whether she would put on a good live show.
 

I think Calvin Harris would put on a good set but it's nothing on last year's line up

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is katy perry even popular anymore? I personally think the line up which is currently forming looks really lacklustre (if it's indeed true)... Eminem is just not my kind of thing(I know he's insanely popular), KOL are just a bit dull for a "rock" act, Shawn Mendes is just too much "pop" and screaming 15 year old girls watching and Katy Perry is really old in my opinion, and I have no clue whether she would put on a good live show.
 

I think Calvin Harris would put on a good set but it's nothing on last year's line up

 

The only reason I see they would book Katy Perry is because other European festivals this year have Taylor Swift. Since she is in US in August, Katy Perry is kind of in the same range as Taylor Swift (they both have big teenage fandoms)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kinja said:

The only reason I see they would book Katy Perry is because other European festivals this year have Taylor Swift. Since she is in US in August, Katy Perry is kind of in the same range as Taylor Swift (they both have big teenage fandoms)

It does make sense given that Katy is supposedly releasing new music this year, but all of her classic hits are pretty old now. I just feel like she's the type of person you would go to see because you know some of her old tunes and it's something to see if you haven't got anything else planned... more of a "filler" act rather than a headliner personally. I think there's plenty more female artists with better music who they could have booked... the bookings just seem a bit unimaginative this year to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is katy perry even popular anymore? I personally think the line up which is currently forming looks really lacklustre (if it's indeed true)... Eminem is just not my kind of thing(I know he's insanely popular), KOL are just a bit dull for a "rock" act, Shawn Mendes is just too much "pop" and screaming 15 year old girls watching and Katy Perry is really old in my opinion, and I have no clue whether she would put on a good live show.
 

I think Calvin Harris would put on a good set but it's nothing on last year's line up

I strongly agree about Shawn Mendes and Kings Of Leon, 2 acts I definitely wont be at if they are here.

On the other hand, I find Katy Perry very "Szigettable" as I said before. "TGIF, I kissed a girl, Roar, hot & cold, etc...", many of her hits are danceable and full of "hapiness" in it ^^ And yes, she is still popular don't worry lol.. OLD ?! come on dude lol, 35 years old ISNT old 🤣

I have to say, Im a bit worried about ROCK ..last year we had the Foo Fighters (one of the best rock act possible), so it would be very difficult to do as good in 2020... RHCP indeed would have been great, same for RATM ... but I don't believe it for one second. And if your "leak guys" are right, we're totally fucked about The Strokes, The Killers, Blink-182 or Placebo. Yep, Im afraid lol ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt86 said:

I strongly agree about Shawn Mendes and Kings Of Leon, 2 acts I definitely wont be at if they are here.

On the other hand, I find Katy Perry very "Szigettable" as I said before. "TGIF, I kissed a girl, Roar, hot & cold, etc...", many of her hits are danceable and full of "hapiness" in it ^^ And yes, she is still popular don't worry lol.. OLD ?! come on dude lol, 35 years old ISNT old 🤣

I have to say, Im a bit worried about ROCK ..last year we had the Foo Fighters (one of the best rock act possible), so it would be very difficult to do as good in 2020... RHCP indeed would have been great, same for RATM ... but I don't believe it for one second. And if your "leak guys" are right, we're totally fucked about The Strokes, The Killers, Blink-182 or Placebo. Yep, Im afraid lol ...

I didn't mean she was old, I more meant that I thought her music was quite old comparatively to for instance Taylor swift and billie eilish who have new releases... however subsequent to that I did some research and realised she's releasing music for 2020 so it actually makes sense for Katy to headline and get her new music out there... So I apologise for this comment. 

She's not my favourite artist personally though, I would just prefer someone like Lorde (but I don't think she's active at the moment).

If London grammar are on the undercard, and tom grennan too, I would maybe consider getting tickets for a couple of days depending on the splits of acts throughout the week, however the headliners announced so far really aren't catching my attention (especially as Shawn is back after literally 2 years, its a boring booking...).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I didn't mean she was old, I more meant that I thought her music was quite old comparatively to for instance Taylor swift and billie eilish who have new releases... however subsequent to that I did some research and realised she's releasing music for 2020 so it actually makes sense for Katy to headline and get her new music out there... So I apologise for this comment. 

She's not my favourite artist personally though, I would just prefer someone like Lorde (but I don't think she's active at the moment).

If London grammar are on the undercard, and tom grennan too, I would maybe consider getting tickets for a couple of days depending on the splits of acts throughout the week, however the headliners announced so far really aren't catching my attention (especially as Shawn is back after literally 2 years, its a boring booking...).

I totally agree with you. It's too bad that we won't be seeing Billie Eilish - her shows are so good! It seems that she puts all her energy and emotions in all the concerts she plays.

Maybe the undercards will be better this year. I'm really hoping to see Phoebe Bridgers or LP. 

Edited by Kinja
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...