Jump to content
jj200

Sziget 2020

Recommended Posts

they added a vip tickets for 600 euros.

its says there will be an exclusive vip areas at major venues.

i wonder if its the same as every year or some weird closed area infront of the stage (like mad cool 2018)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they have a set amount and they will try and get as much cash in as early as possible. 

Just a gimmick to get people to buy early before they know who is coming. As I have flights and accommodation book I am falling for this cheap gimmick and getting mine in my credit card and worry about the costs later ?

I think that's a good price for the amount of days and I just hope for a decent line up

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dude111 said:

they added a vip tickets for 600 euros.

its says there will be an exclusive vip areas at major venues.

i wonder if its the same as every year or some weird closed area infront of the stage (like mad cool 2018)...

Having those VIP areas at front of stage pretty much ruin every gig - they are always half-full. If that's what it is, it will be the last time we visit Sziget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swelsbyuk said:

Having those VIP areas at front of stage pretty much ruin every gig - they are always half-full. If that's what it is, it will be the last time we visit Sziget.

I suspect it will just be the ability to use that closed bar area to the left of the main stage. Can’t see them shifting enough at 600 a pop for a section at front of stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I suspect it will just be the ability to use that closed bar area to the left of the main stage. Can’t see them shifting enough at 600 a pop for a section at front of stage.

Fingers crossed that you are right. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Iver in Finland and Sweden between 13-16 August.
Personally can't see them at Sziget, but still now there's one more band in August mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Bon Iver in Finland and Sweden between 13-16 August.
Personally can't see them at Sziget, but still now there's one more band in August mix.

I actually can, would be a weak pick in the structure of the festival but still a decent one. I believe that if they struggle to find 7 headliners, they will turn on names like Bon Iver in a heartbeat - if cachet allows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Is Bon Iver big enough to headline? If they did I think they would be a very weak and disappointing choice imho.

 

Bon Iver headline festivals throughout Europe, so certainly big enough that way. I dont think they've ever played Budapest though, not even around that part of Europe. So perhaps dont have a foot hold in that part of Europe as they do elsewhere.

Personally speaking would be delighted if they headlined, same way I was when National were announced.

Edited by thetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Bon Iver headline festivals throughout Europe, so certainly big enough that way. I dont think they've ever played Budapest though, not even around that part of Europe. So perhaps dont have a foot hold in that part of Europe as they do elsewhere.

Personally speaking would be delighted if they headlined, same way I was when National were announced.

I love The National and can see how Bon Iver might be booked as a comparable act but I just don't get them. I bought 'For Emma, Forever Ago' when it came out due to the hype. I thought it was boring as hell.

Perhaps I should give them another try, regardless of whether they are announced or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Iver are massive in the US and some parts of Europe; UK, Scandinavia, maybe Paris / Amsterdam / Berlin.

But more eastern / southern, they dont mean that much, and i dont think they are a good fit for Sziget. Just not that cup of tea.

But amazing band.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Bon Iver are massive in the US and some parts of Europe; UK, Scandinavia, maybe Paris / Amsterdam / Berlin.

 

 

 

They do seem to focus on those areas more so than Eastern Europe.

Thinking out of the box though. Sziget do like to aim at the UK/Dutch festival goer, so it wouldn't be out of the question them doing that with Bon Iver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I love The National and can see how Bon Iver might be booked as a comparable act but I just don't get them. I bought 'For Emma, Forever Ago' when it came out due to the hype. I thought it was boring as hell.

Perhaps I should give them another try, regardless of whether they are announced or not.

Same, I just don't get the hype around the Indie Folk wave. But okay, it can be just me, anyway they solo headlined Mad Cool, so yeah, they are big enough.

 

40 minutes ago, thetime said:

They do seem to focus on those areas more so than Eastern Europe.

Thinking out of the box though. Sziget do like to aim at the UK/Dutch festival goer, so it wouldn't be out of the question them doing that with Bon Iver.

Especially because of this. Yes, Sziget is in Hungary, but at the same time, Sziget has a majority of western visitors: I believe that, like Benicassim is an english festival in Spain, Sziget has become a western festival in the east. So yeah, I actually expect Sziget to go on Bon Iver, especially if the announcement is coming during these present days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take every single 2019 headliner over Bon Iver, even Post Malone. 

I've just asked the four members of staff in my office (aged 18, 25, 27 and 41) if anyone likes Bon Iver and they all looked at me blankly. The general consensus is "heard of them but never heard anything by them". Hardly a scientific study but still ?

EDIT: Just checked, Bon Iver's last album got to number 11 in the UK and spent 5 weeks on the chart. Hardly headline stats imho.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'd take every single 2019 headliner over Bon Iver, even Post Malone. 

I've just asked the four members of staff in my office (aged 18, 25, 27 and 41) if anyone likes Bon Iver and they all looked at me blankly. The general consensus is "heard of them but never heard anything by them". Hardly a scientific study but still ?

EDIT: Just checked, Bon Iver's last album got to number 11 in the UK and spent 5 weeks on the chart. Hardly headline stats imho.

Sold out Wembley arena for there UK arena tour next April/May, played 8 day residency at the Apollo last year as well. Headlining festivals in Europe this year and next year.

That is perhaps a better indication than chart position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dude111 said:

maybe a38 headliner?

if the editors did it so can them

Still scratching my head how editors are doing arenas next year and I am a huge fan of editors. Hopefully grab both Bon Iver and Editors.

Edited by thetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'd take every single 2019 headliner over Bon Iver, even Post Malone. 

I've just asked the four members of staff in my office (aged 18, 25, 27 and 41) if anyone likes Bon Iver and they all looked at me blankly. The general consensus is "heard of them but never heard anything by them". Hardly a scientific study but still ?

EDIT: Just checked, Bon Iver's last album got to number 11 in the UK and spent 5 weeks on the chart. Hardly headline stats imho.

Saw Bon Iver at Nos Alive last year, I was totally underwhelmed, they just didn't work on the big stage IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

Saw Bon Iver at Nos Alive last year, I was totally underwhelmed, they just didn't work on the big stage IMHO.

You mean Boring Iver. I was there too and even if I love them on records they totally killed the atmosphere of the night. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, thetime said:

Sold out Wembley arena for there UK arena tour next April/May, played 8 day residency at the Apollo last year as well. Headlining festivals in Europe this year and next year.

That is perhaps a better indication than chart position.

Yeah but loads of tickets still available for Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Glasgow ?

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of Bon Iver headlining Sziget.

Happy that we both think Editors would be a good booking though ?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that RHCP are now unlikely for Sziget because they will play Firenze Rocks in June... usually bands from other continents that are playing in Europe in June don't stay around until August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Hungarian guy who works close to the festival scene made a list about the artists who might come to the major festivals in Hungary. He also said that we can expect a small surprise at 14th November. 

(As he said these are just possibilities but in the previous years he got quite good tips) 

Screenshot_20191109-213331.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...