jj200

Sziget 2020

10 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Any further thoughts on this year's headliners?

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ?

Any chance twenty one pilots might come back as proper headliner this year?

Oh god, hell no.

IMHO no TayTay - Billie Eilish looks to be less and less likely, but I'd wait until the august circuit starts to release some names. So far we literally have 0 idea about what is going there.

On the other hand, Tame Impala released a new single and no dates released yet...

On 10/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Any further thoughts on this year's headliners?

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ?

Any chance twenty one pilots might come back as proper headliner this year?

Imo i'm not sure about Taylor bc she's in America at the beginning of August nex year, idk about Billie, i was thinking more about Coldplay as they have new album coming out at 22nd November or maybe Tame Impala, he will drop a new album on February 14th, also i was thinking about Halsey (she announced a tour and two new songs) and Melanie Martinez (she's touring currently) of course not as headlliners ? those are my hopes ??

10 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Imo i'm not sure about Taylor bc she's in America at the beginning of August nex year, idk about Billie, i was thinking more about Coldplay as they have new album coming out at 22nd November or maybe Tame Impala, he will drop a new album on February 14th, also i was thinking about Halsey (she announced a tour and two new songs) and Melanie Martinez (she's touring currently) of course not as headlliners ? those are my hopes ??

There's talk of Justin Timberlake being about next summer after potentially headlining Coachella at Easter. If they want a big pop performer then he would probably challenge Taylor in that dept. Can't say I'm a fan of either but suspect JT would put on a good show, whereas I would probably know more TS songs.

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

There's talk of Justin Timberlake being about next summer after potentially headlining Coachella at Easter. If they want a big pop performer then he would probably challenge Taylor in that dept. Can't say I'm a fan of either but suspect JT would put on a good show, whereas I would probably know more TS songs.

Gimme the Sexyback and nobody gets hurt lmao

• Upvote 1

So basically Mad Cool Festival in Spain announced their first wave of acts, and there's Taylor Swift, Tove Lo, Billie Eilish, Alt J, Wolf Alice, Twenty One Pilots and Pixies, thoughts? What could headline at Sziget? ?

Just now, ReljaGajić said:

So basically Mad Cool Festival in Spain announced their first wave of acts, and there's Taylor Swift, Tove Lo, Billie Eilish, Alt J, Wolf Alice, Twenty One Pilots and Pixies, thoughts? What could headline at Sziget? ?

No one from this list; Taylor probably won't come back from States to play just one more european show, TOP headlined this year. Billie is the only possibility, but she played August festivals this year and her tour is pretty intense, so she could end it with two UK shows in the end of July. Others are not a headline material for Sziget.

31 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Pixies in the a38 would be good against a pop headliner on the main. 

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Slipknot have been announced for Wacken Open Air, a possible contenderor too heavy?

Considering that they played Volt Festival this year and that Sziget management wanted to book Maiden two years before, it's definetely a possibility.

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Slipknot have been announced for Wacken Open Air, a possible contenderor too heavy?

They will also play in Budapest in February, so I don't think they will also do Sziget.

9 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

My Chemical Romance for the 'rock' headliners anyone? They just announced their reunion and their first gig in years!

They were never that popular in this part of Europe (or any outside of the UK). I mean, they were known for sure but they were just another emo band, they weren't THE band. They headlined Volt with Moby, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pendulum and 30stm back in 2011. 

I'm not sure if the reunion can give them a good enough boost 

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They were never that popular in this part of Europe (or any outside of the UK). I mean, they were known for sure but they were just another emo band, they weren't THE band. They headlined Volt with Moby, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pendulum and 30stm back in 2011. 

I'm not sure if the reunion can give them a good enough boost 

Riunion always brings some nostalgia booster tho.

Surely in England they will headline, on the continent I am not sure but at the same time I hardly believe they will accept a minor spot - Id go for something similar to At the Drive In Réunion in terms of influence

I'm biased for sure as they were an highlight of my teenager years but I am pretty sure that in Italy they would sold out a medium-sized arena in matter of hours (as Avril Lavigne did, and I mean, Avril Lavigne...)

Has Sziget ever had a headliner that's anywhere near as heavy as Slipknot? Not sure there's much crossover between Slipknot fans and whatever other acts are likely to be booked.

MCR are meant to be playing Mad Cool and Rock Werchter according to rumours elsewhere on this site. I'm in the UK and they were big here for a short while, but with a very specific demographic. There, again, wasn't a massive crossover into the mainstream, nor have they left much of a legacy here imho.

They were seen very much as an emo band and those who weren't into that scene tended not to dip their toe into its waters. They will play arenas with 12k capacity here but would having them on the bill at Sziget attract people from the UK to make the journey? I have my doubts.

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Riunion always brings some nostalgia booster tho.

Surely in England they will headline, on the continent I am not sure but at the same time I hardly believe they will accept a minor spot - Id go for something similar to At the Drive In Réunion in terms of influence

I'm biased for sure as they were an highlight of my teenager years but I am pretty sure that in Italy they would sold out a medium-sized arena in matter of hours (as Avril Lavigne did, and I mean, Avril Lavigne...)

People aren't sure for the R&L headline slot in those forums, so not a chance for Sziget

I'm kind of surprised that MCR are not regarded as that big in the rest of Europe... I thought that they could be big enough to headline Sziget because they have almost 11M likes on Facebook, 4M more than Arctic Monkeys who headlined Sziget 2 years ago. However, they have less Twitter followers than AM (1.24M vs. 1.7M).

Furthermore, I think that both bands have a similar average age in their "fan base" and AM basically also did a kind of a comeback tour (despite they were only on a hiatus) when they played Sziget 2 years ago.

Now let's see what happens. Can't wait for the first names (and also for more tour announcements from other acts)! :D

Edit: Well, it looks like Rage Against The Machine are reuniting too!

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Edit: Well, it looks like Rage Against The Machine are reuniting too!

Now that's more like it.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had Rage Against the Machine on my Sziget wish list and now they have announced shows in 2020. I would for sure attend if they book Rage Against the Machine. I don't want to go to Coachella.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying the way that Mad Cool is announcing it's new acts each day by teasing a clue the day before. Works really well.

That said, it's making me jealous that they, and others, are announcing acts already and hope that Sziget start doing the same soon.

They seven of us who are going in 2020 have a get together planned for 30 November. I hope something will have been announced by then.

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm enjoying the way that Mad Cool is announcing it's new acts each day by teasing a clue the day before. Works really well.

That said, it's making me jealous that they, and others, are announcing acts already and hope that Sziget start doing the same soon.

They seven of us who are going in 2020 have a get together planned for 30 November. I hope something will have been announced by then.

Unlikely. The whole circuit of late july and august is motionless... I reckon we will have to wait for a month, maybe two, before having some concrete idea about what is going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Unlikely. The whole circuit of late july and august is motionless... I reckon we will have to wait for a month, maybe two, before having some concrete idea about what is going on.

I'm going for a couple of weeks before tickets are announced and a headliner or 2.

They've always had tickets on sale in November, so dan not be to far away.

29 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

€299 for Szitizen Prime only for 24 hours

image.thumb.png.40ada8536a49cbec32ff658b9d9de08a.png

I would love to take advantage of Prime but don't get paid until 15 November. Aaargh! Is there a set number of tickets allocated to this (can it sell out?) or should I be okay to buy mine at, say, 6am on the 15th?

Edited by swelsbyuk